Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Happy snow reporters??

MPH

OK, where you guys at, the news has all the east cost in sad missery over the snow, I know a bunch of you are out having a ball...MPH

THAT'S WHY YOU GET NO RESPONSE..........THEY'RE ALL OUT IN THE SNOW HAVIN' FUN. HERE IN N.E. OHIO WE GOT ZIP, NADA. BUT 60 MILES SOUTH, THEY GOT A 6 INCHER. BROTHER IN LAW LIVES THERE, HE'S HAVIN' FUN TOO.

Here in VA we got 5 inches. My son wanted to plow the driveway with the 61 Wards. Afterwards he said that plowing snow was not as much fun as he thought it would be. I really enjoyed the plowing when he turned it over to me.

I'd much rather plow snow than do the dishes or help clean the house.Just don't tell that to my better half or she'll be plowing and I'll be........wishing I was plowing?

:D We have about 6" here in Southwest PA. First time out with the 912H in the wet snow but it did a good job even without chains or weights. Hopefuly tomorrow will be a good deer day here with the snow still on the ground.

Let's see; I spent Tuesday in Colorado, no snow, Wednesday and Thursday in Idaho, no snow. Made it to Philadelphia late last night, my connecting flight back to RI was cancelled, because of.....SNOW! All the hotels were booked, managed to find a cubby space on the floor ( along with a hundred or more people as well), and slept a little between 2 and 4 AM. Finally got home today around 12 noon, showered, ate and...................you guessed it........went snowblowin'. We had about 6-8 of the wet stuff.

Had about 8+ NW of Phila. had no problems with the 7116 throwing snow. Made some trails in the field once the driveway was finished, had to make up for last years lack of snow.

6+ inches here in northern Ky. This is the first time I've used the 17GTH-L to push snow, and WOW! What a blast! With cut turf tires(originally bought from a puller just for the rims) and two sets of wheel weights, I only ran her at 1/2 throttle and never missed a beat. Now I'm waiting for more snow. Larry

Here in central Jersey we got about 8 inches.8D [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/nandog/DSC01499a.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/nandog/DSC01500a.jpg[/img]

I guess I lucked out here in northen Vermont not a drop of snow. I am happy but the guys with plows on their trucks plowing for hire aren't. No snow no money in the pocket to pay for that expensive truck and plow.

OK, you asked for it, you got it!!!! lol This is me last night as I was plowing. I just did around the cars and open driveway areas. We got about 9" all told. I promised my (almost) 8 year old daughter I'd teach her how to plow after I got home tonight.....

This is me after I was done doing my drive and two of the neighbors. One of them came out and said "You look like you're having too much fun! You'll have to let me try that thing sometime", so I got off and let him plow for a while..... Half an hour later his grin was ear to ear too..... I wouldn't be suprised to see him in the club sooner or later, especially if I give him one of my spare tractors to play with! Most of the snow had melted off my beard by the time the pic was taken, but there's still some left at this point. I was completely covered, and loving it!!!!

As promised, tonight was teaching night. Here she is doing a bang up job going from second to reverse and back. It took a few passes but she caught right on. The first few back up passes looked like a snake was at the wheel, but that didn't last long. When it came to the deeper areas, one Daddy weight was enough to gain the needed traction. I just kneeled on the seat and away we went.

Even though I never put the rear lift and counter weight back on, she put it in neutral, braced both feet against the pegs, and using both hands lifted the plow by herself! That's my girl!!!!! Look close and you'll see the new seat I have for the Putt-Putt, a perennial Swamp Yankee Special. It's two potato sacks stuffed inside another one!!!!!!!!

We had about 2-3 inches in Michigan. First time I used the snoblower, wasn't throwing it as far as I had hoped. (no where near the pics shown above) Is there a trick for that? I was running about 3/4 throttle, 2nd gear, and clutching it when it would start to clog in the chute. I was out of town, so I didn't get to it till after it had melted and got crunchy.

Kirk, Your reply made me smile from ear to ear too. Great to see so much enjoyment with these old tractors. Your first picture should go on our home page.

Just now getting a chance to add my "happy" snow report. There is nothing like pushing snow silently except for the blade scraping. I was impressed and happily surprised at pushing snow with just electric power. I calculated the electric use at no more than a buck even at Long Island's very high electric rates. My neighbors were impressed as well. This is fun. Coming...

Going...

Woody, the guy I just got those two new tractors and all the manuals had an Electrac manual of some kind too. If you want I could see if he wants to sell it, and what manual it is. He has lots of Cubs, and is clearing out other stuff not in his area of interest.