Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hood decal color/ spacing?

JBucketman

Guys, I am 90% done with my 1969 3212H Soveriegn and starting to put the final touches on it butI forgot what the hood stripe looked like before I zip striped it off. I remember the main stripe was white and about 2" wide and there were two 1/4" stripes on each side of the main with a 1/4" gap between. Are the 1/4" stripes supposed to be white or black? I found alot of pictures on the site but no good ones of the to stripe. Any help will be greatly appreciated. BTW: I will do a full photo shoot of it for the club site when I am done. Thanks, John

Thanks guys. It sure looks right in black and BTW, nice looking 717 hood. I am sure the rest of it looks as good. John

john i have a 69 3112h my pics are 2-big to upload here (or at least i have not figured out how to do it yet) anyhow i took the liberty of sending some to your web-page i used : help@johnnyproducts.com hope they help

My 3212v has the original hood stripes. I will take a picture and post it. Doesnt look quite like the picture already posted. ddh

Here is a hood with decal from a 101. The stripes are a little different. Black outboard, then orange (which should match the paint, I think), then the wide white stripe in the middle.