Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B10 just about finished

Well I am just about done, only have the rims and mower left to paint
Have to look for some new tires and headlights, I am also missing the little tabs that
hold the hood on, any ideas guys? I talked to an allis dealer here on sat, he seems fairly
sure he can find me the original manual and a decal package.
My pics should be in tomorrow,I'll post them as soon as they come in ,thanks agian for all the help guys.
Only hope I can lend someone the same info along the way. Thanks again.

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to find slide-on clips (with a threaded nut-type thing attached) that you can use -- or have nuts spot-welded on as originally done.

BTW, Jack Lindstrom (Jackl) says that you can still get chrome attaching bolts from a Toro/Wheelhorse dealer...

Thanks ,I'll look around I am sure I'll find something
I'll have to start looking around for another one to
work on. A snow blower attatchment would be nice to.
But may be hard to find around these parts, not to sure.

Hi Mike,I just read about the tabs and someway of holding your hood on. Kent is write about welding the tabs on and also I did do some checking on where someone could get close to the original looking solid steel knobs that hold the hood down. Yes wheelhorse used a similer knob if not the same and they are still available thru their dealers. I have a couple original ones and yes the wheel horse ones look the same. But you may not beable to get the chrome ones as wheelhorese now only makes the gold cadium plated ones. But again if you hunt around at some wheelhorse dealers you may get luckey and find the chrome ones. The part number is #1345 and they are about $3.45 each. Just make sure the threaded end is 1/4" dia. and at least 3/4"long. It looks like they have a medium thread. This part # is for a 1963 wheelhorse tractor. Most people now just use a 1/4"bolt but I choose to use something that looks like the original. A couple of my tabs were broken off and I just welded a tab with a 1/4" nut onto the tractor which worked very well. By the way the knobs are actually called thumb screws. Another alternative I found was using a large chrome plated acorn nut and cuting the threaded part of a bolt off and screwing it into the acorn nut. This really looks good also. Infact I even prevere this to the thumb screw. Sorry about being so long here but I just don't know how to explain things any other way. Please post any information you might find out. And keep us informed on your tractor. Good Luck a Fellow Member-jackl