Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowthrower Belt

Tutt

I have a single belt snowthrower on my AC Big Ten. I think I have stretched the "green" drive belt beyond tightenting. I have seen discussions on here obout the value of OEM belts for implements such as a snowthrower, but I cannot find the MFG # on my thrower. I don't know the belt length. Could someone help shed some light on belt length for one of these throwers? Thanks.

Travis According to my Belt book the blower for an AC Big 10 was a three belt blower. The one you have is I belive a MFG# 990519 single belt blower for the Landloards, Sovereign and AC B-110 The Belt for this Blower is Simplicity Belt# 106769 length 56.1" long type HA This is the belt for tractors with front PTO in front of the grill.

My AC dealer parts catalog dated nov. 1965 shows the single belt snow blower's belt being part #106689 but shows no length.this is also the same part# the 1971 Simplicity belt chart shows for 1965/67 Mfg. No. 345-36" Rotary snow thrower. The belt chart shows part #10679 for 1968 Mfg. No. 345-36" Rotary snow thrower Also no length stated. I belive they changed the size of drive pulley on the tractor in 1968.

According to the handy-dandy belt reference on Simple trACtors, the 106689 is 55.5" long. I used the green Gates 56" belts until I got tired of going through about two a year. Now this is the 3rd year for my OEM Simplicity belt and it's still in good shape.

What i was trying to say was it uses those two belts. In the belt book it lists both numbers. The only reason I can see would be that they offered two different pully sizes on the tractors. The belt book makes no mention of this nor does the operators or parts manual for the 990345 Snow blower. The operators and Parts manual only lists th 106769 belt.Maybe after all the parts got worn you could put the 1/2 inch shorter belt on.