Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B&G Motor

LJFarraher

Hey again people! Another question for ya. My 5212.5H has the 12.5hp twin I/C L head.. Is it possible to exchange it out for say a single lunger like the 13.5hp with AVS?? I found one on Ebay,, (Lost out the bid on a 18.5 twin for it) Or would I need to redo the cables and connectors for it. Or I did find new 14.5 twin I/C's for 500.00 new..should I stay with the twin in her? Thanks for the input all! Lou ^?

IMO, I'd stay with a 2-cylinder. They drink a bit more gas, but they run much smoother. Big single cylinder engines vibrate ... regardless of what the manufacturers tried to do to reduce it....