Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SHIPPING YOUR TRACTOR the smart way

Woodydel

If you want to ship your tractor by the Best trucking company in the USA click on the link below. I've contacted ForwardAir and there is absolutely no problem with them if you ship a garden tractor in these containers THEY supply with tie downs. Make sure to click on the small pictures of the containers. You'll get a great view of the inside of the containers. These people are great! [url]https://www.forwardair.com/prepaid/MCmainpage.jsp[/url]

These people are the very same people who have shipped the lines that make ink jet printer cartriges for Hewlett packard to the over seas locations. They have no weight limits only height and width well i guess if the item being shipped was over 290,000 tons they may ask you to lighten it some. They have 747s set up for hauling freight. The last line they shipped took 4 747s Each container was built here around the equipment. I would expect to lag bolt the tractor to the pallet ( 4x4 skid rails with 2x6 top and bottom. using plumbers pipe tape or chain then building a house around it and the house may have to support something of significant weight on top of it. The container that the tractor is in Then is trucked to their location at the air terminal. I dont think they do house calls yet. But it is probably cheaper than haveing a cab driver haul it to the next state

Guys, the link above is good but They just made "improvements" to their site so that it won't function properly.haha It will be definitely worth the look.

Well as Ralph Kramden would say I'VE GOT A BIG MOUTH! Overnight Forward Air dropped their deferred shipping option for the motor cycle containers and the rates jumped up considerably. Now there are only two options: 2 day express and use your own container. Sorry!

I'm working with forward air to get a sno pony snowmobile home to NY. The crated machine needs to be trucked 190 miles to their depot outside of Detroit. They reffered me to a local company that quoted me $89 for that 190 mile trip based on 200lbs guessed weight. The rest of the way by air is under $50 Man thats cheaper than driving.

Using my own crate measuring 4'x4'x6' built upon a skid base costs me $46.50 to ship empty from NY to Minneapolis. It then gets loaded there and sent back. That 46.50 covers their minimum rate up to around 200 lbs +/-. These guys can't be beat. I'm just disappointed at the motorcycle crate mixup.