Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

718h electrical schematic

DarrellL

I have a 718h allis chalmers and I need to check wiring. I have Simplicities LARGE FRAME GARDEN TRACTORS for Sovereign,Landlord,Baron,7000 &7100 Models. Also have Kohlers service manual for model K361. Kohler manual is hard too follow and Simplicity doesn't seem to have diagram of 18hp without rectifier. Would appreciate any help. DarrellL First time in this new house. will take me a while to get use to. LOOKS NICE^

Darrell, Welcome. The wiring diagram for the 18hp is the same as the 16hp Kohler. Most manuals and parts lists do not include the 18hp. This is a battery ignition engine, which is different than the B&S engines, but the same as all the Kohlers. Your 18hp does not have a rectifier?? Some used tractors that I have picked up with Kohlers that had the rectifier missing had a circuit breaker put in the charge line. I don't know how well this worked (how do you get DC without the rectifier) but I have seen 4 like this and the work done by dealers (save the cost of the rectifier I suppose). Some of the others here can shed more light. Good Luck!

Darrell I have 13 years of Electrical manuals. I have been looking for the last 2 hrs and can't find any thing for that tractor Allis 700 series with Kohler info is scarce I went to Simplicity's tech pub site and looked can't find anything May be you can. Use part#'s 100 thu 900 100 200 300 ETC. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php

Darrel, If it is the later model Kohler with the onboard electronic voltage regulator, you probably have only two wires connecting to the engine. One goes to the coil positive, and the other is the output from the voltage regulator. Usually, by tracing and pulling on the wires you can tell which one goes to the coil. The electronic voltage regulator is a little device about 1.5x2.5x.375 thick, that bolts to the engine shroud. Got a 14 Hp Kohler on my 61 Wards. Hope this helps.