Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SIMPLICITY 700 CABLE ARRANGMENTS

tractorfreak3

I AM WORKING ON A 700 IT A 62 OR 63, IT HAS A NON ORIGINAL 8 HP IN IT I HAVE A 65 10 I WOULD LIKE TO PUT IN. THE TRACTOR CURENTLY ONLY HAS A THROTTLE CABLE, WHERE DO I LOOK TO FIND HOW THE CHOKE AND THROTTLE WHERE ARRANGED? THANKS TIM

This pic shows my pinky pointing to the throttle cable attached to the engine. It is routed down and along the left side of the tractor frame and comes up from below the carb. I have been trying to compile an accurate list of differences between the 700 and 725. One of the things mentioned by another member was the possibility that the 700 did not have a remote choke cable while the 725 did. My index finger points to the shaft for the choke, though the lever is missing on this engine.

Here is a 725 with the choke lever and cable in place. The clamp that holds the outer sheath of the cable is missing, but this tractor is another project and has not been worked on since I got it. The choke cable is routed along the right side of the frame and across and up on the left side. I hope this helps. If you could post pics of your 700 I would appreciate it, especially if you have some "before" shots that might show minor details to help define any differences between it and a 725.

Please don't take that as gospel, I'm just passing on information about the possibility. If you have a newer 10 HP engine then you aren't going the "restoration" route and may well want to add the remote choke to your tractor. Here's a shot of one on the 725. You can easily make one from a piece of scrap steel. As I've requested before, anyone with more information on the differences between these two early models, please contact me......

My 700 has a remote choke mounted to the left of the shift knob. When I have a miute or two I will post a pic. Original? Probably not,there is nothing in the manuals refering to a choke cable but it was there when I got it. ReedS[img]uploaded/reeds/dscn0119.jpg[/img]

daddycat i will try to post some pics of my 700 when i have the time to figure out how to post pics on here. with webtv its a little different than a pc....been meanin to do that....