Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

700 engine change

nvmike

Hello everyone I am new here! I have 2 700 tractors I got from NJ on an ebay auction. One has an updated engine with 7 head bolts. I have a 23D engine I would like to put into the other 700 frame. The bases on the engine and frame are different. Can this be done with out a hack job? I would like to save the best of the 2 to possibly restore. Can the trans handle the added power? What is the safe limit on the trans? We have several other tractors that I think possibly makes nut cases of us. 3416H, 5216, 4211, 700 x2, one Green & Yellow. Attachments for a Landlord, Brush Cutter, Single Stage Snow blower, Roto Tiller. The attachments & 3416H we found for sale by accident, Payed 300 for the lot. Lucky Us. Mike

I am working on putting on a 24 on a 62 700. there will be modifications. The experts, and myself will fill you in. thanks. Tim

I'm running a 14 Hp Kohler on a 61 Wards now. I think this is a 700 series made for Wards. I previously had this tranny and rear in another tractor and was putting 18 Hp through it at tractor pulls. Other than shearing an axle key and breaking the left wheel hub, I haven't had any other problems. Both of these problems happened because of looseness around the axle keys froom years of use before I got it.