Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KenK

19D rebuild

KenK
My 63 B-1 smoked a bit and at higher rpms knocked a little. So I pulled the engine for a freshening up.A couple hours later I had the crankshaft on the bench.Overall it was not to bad of shape,considering how old it is.I had the crank turned down .20 and the cylinder bored .10 over.I have ordered new piston/rings,rod,both valves and gasket set with no problems.But I do have one problem,I need a new exhaust valve guide. I no longer can get this through Briggs.Any help would be great.

KenK
Thanks for all the help, I believe I will have to get the old one fixed, or have a new one made by my local machine shop. Briggs told me that there is no part number because it was never a serviceable part.

powerking_one
Ken, Just an idea, what about the valve guide for a 243431? It's part number 231218. Since the two engine families are similar it might be the right O.D./I.D. and maybe too long and could be shortened? Tom(PK)