Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

All the comforts of home.....

SmilinSam

As many of you may have surmised by now, there was indeed a little horse tradin going on last week.......... The HB-116 is wearing a new coat here, what do ya'll think??? [img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/0F/74/14915343-af5b-02730258-.jpg[/img] The framework went on pretty good. Had to put the rear light out on a extension bracket, and since I had headlights I had to bend the muffler side front brace a little to clear the muffler, other than that it seemed to go on well. [img]http://a9.cpimg.com/image/0B/73/14915339-171a-027B0258-.jpg[/img] A cab is definately NOT the thing to put on a tractor with a show quality paint job. Zippers and tie down rings are going to play havoc with the paint. I did put cork gasket material down under the brace bolted to the seat deck in an effort to save some of the paint there. [img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/30/75/14915376-24a3-02480258-.jpg[/img] The rubber pads on the footrests are going to take it hard too, having the frame mounts bolted to them.(thats what the slotted holes in the foot rests are for I now see..) [img]http://a7.cpimg.com/image/31/75/14915377-c31e-028001E0-.jpg[/img] I've been told by a few that if I take and use it it will loose most of the value, True, but dadgummit, if you cant use something why have it ??? Heres a nice overhead shot.... [img]http://a8.cpimg.com/image/32/75/14915378-ff99-020001A6-.jpg[/img] Now all I have to do is get the chains on and get the blower set up on it. I hate puttin a orange blower on it but thats all I got. Do have a nice 46" blade , but that doesn't go too far on my lane... I'm just eager for Kent to get a chance to try his new "toy" out..

Looks Great Sam. I just wish my Landlord looked like your AC when I get my cab on. But that will probably be another year. Got the cab sitting in pieces along side the garage. Looks a little scary with the paint though. That's why I didn't put it on the 717. Already got 2 scratches too many and have to wet sand them down. Kris

Looks mighty warm in there Sam. Where in the world did you score that at?.Had a couple inches of new snow while I was in Anchorage so I got to play for an hour or so today, sure got cold fingures, anybody know of hot grips for tractors?? As for the paint job, after cleaning my 112 up a little the other day, I was amazed at how bad I've beatten it in 2 1/2 years, I remember the dumb think I did to get most of them, they just add up one at a time I guess. Gonna work 'em hard, guess it just gonna happen. MPH

Sweet set up! Totally awesome. Thanks for the pictures too. I pasted them on file and hopefully this winter I'll take a try at building a similar one for mine. Sure is great to see it out of a box and being used. What are the black pouches on the front...scuff pads? I take it that Kent has his red L-12 now? Did you two meet half way?

Nice rig, Sam. Can't you spray some yellow paint on your blower? Anyways, it's always refreshing to see such an old machine looking so young...

Looks great! Certainly looks like that frame is well braced -- it bolts on in a LOT of places.... Now you'll probably be looking for a factory radio, so you can enjoy your "tunes" while sitting nice and warm in there.... :D Wonder where one of those would fit? I've never seen one....

The heck with ra-di-di-o,, ign. interference CD is way to go.Now THAT is one nice trac and cab! Do you pull with it? noticed bar tires>>

The more cabs you see, the more they are different. Sam, I have the same cab for my HB212 but it does not have the brace from the cross bar down to the cowling and mine requires a cross bar attached across the top of the grill for the front stablizers. Mine is seeing its age (over 30 years old) and many years it sat out in the sun. Keep it covered with sun screen. Mighty fine look'n rig.

Anyone, A dumb question. Sitting in there you need to breath. What prevents inside window fogging? And with no wiper, build up on outside of windshield? And Sam, it's to danged pretty to use!!!! JoeJ

Art, I have to wait on the paint till it warms up next year. Then I will have a few other attachments changed over to yellow at that same time. Might as well make a nice little collection to go with the tractor. Next year I think I'll sell my 900 series outfit with its cab, deck tiller , blade etc, and transfer the power rotator over to this one. Why stick my hands outside if I don't have to?8D Dave, Kent, How can you hear a radio anyhow? unless you have headphones...just what I need, listen to Christmas music while blowin snow:o) Dave, I have bars on all my tractors. We mow alot of slopes and wet areas and I don't like to slide. Never have tried pullin.... Mike, I have three tractors with cabs now. One has to go next year. I generally remove them in the spring, fold them neatly and put nicely back in the box. If i use this in the sun it will have a homade top made to take the sunlight. I'll save the original back. Joe, I have never had a problem with fogging windows. The insid etemps are generally about the same as outside so no fog. The cab just keeps the biting wind and blowing snow off you. It sure is wierd having a cab on this. The other tractors have running boards under you. This one all you got under you is snow!:D

Hi, I've been using a soft vinyl cab on my 3014S for about 20+ years. Fogging of the windows hasn't been a problem. Once in awhile I have to take my gloves and brush snow off the front windshield. (If I watch the wind and the direction of the chute, most of the snow blows away from the tractor.) Often it gets real toasty warm inside the cab; I have to take off my coat. I'm looking at buying another cab for my tractor. Its the only all metal cab I've seen, and it has a windshield wiper motor too. It probably weighs about 300 lbs. Do you think that much added weight would be hard on my tractor?

Got the blower prepped and on today. Can't wait to try that in the snow. The pulley on it is a 5" pulley where a 7" should be. That thing turns pretty fast, and ought to really pitch the snow. [img]http://a2.cpimg.com/image/9E/57/14954142-365b-020001C5-.jpg[/img] Its nice having a 900 series rear end on this so I can run her off the center PTO! [img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/48/54/14954056-d4f1-02000152-.jpg[/img]

Looks good, Sam. Too bad there's no running boards to close up the bottom end. LOL Should be a lot warmer for snow removal. Specially on the windy plains of Illinois, Good Luck!

I know, I know, I alreay tried that out. Got to roll up my sleeve on the coveralls to get my arm out far enough top reach it. PITA! When I get a spare minute(whats that?) I'm goin to fabricate a copy of the parts I got from you and get another window motor and build a setup. Might be easier to sell the 900 series tractor and move the rotator off it to the HB....

Sam, greetings from NW Ohio. Your tractors look really sharp, I just hope my B110 and B1 look half that good when I`m done with them :) 8D.

Nice looking rigs Sam. Just wish we ever had enough snow around here to justify a blower. About an hour or 2 a winter with a blade is all the snow action I ever see.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
I've been told by a few that if I take and use it it will loose most of the value...
Who said that? Some museum curator? Glad you made the smart decision. It's a great looking setup. I'm jealous.