Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1987 Deutz-Allis 914 hydro lift ???

ajbjeep

Hello, I am in the next stage of my front end loader. I need to know which line coming off of the hydro. pump is the pressure line+which is the return line. thanks, Aaron

Aaron Do you really want to use the hydro pump for the hydrostatic? I don't believe it has the capacity to run a loader. Maybe you should consider a separate pump. jmo

The hydro pump is not enough capacity to run a loader, you can't even run power steering or hydr. lift. your best bet would be to get pump and couple it to the front of the engine. Cal

It will run a lift and power steering as these tractors had both, but it won't run a loader. When you push in the clutch the pump stops. There has been a few lengthy discussions on this subject.

I had a tractor with both the hydro lift and power steering. Lift worked fine but the power steering was , in my opinion, too much for the system. You always had to slow way down mowing around a tree or other obstacle because the power steering would not recover fast enough in the turn back when moving at higer speed. I ran mine into a fence next to a tree because of this. Either from lack of oil capacity, or too small a pump volume. In any case I think trying to run a loader off it would yield dissappointing results anyhow. I guess you will find out for sure whether it works or not... In any case I think the ports on the lift valve are marke in and out, but I can't remember. Look and see...

If this is a Simplicity loader go to their website and get an operators manual. They have lots of free downloadable information. I downloaded a operators manual from about your era and it shows a seperate driven pump. I agree with UCD that the hydro might not give you the flow rate or pressure that you need to run the loader. For the power steering and implement lift it's ok

My Ferguson 35 has a hydro pump just for the industrial loader,that runs off the front of the engine. This is a 35 hp tractor made around 1955? Karl :) [url]http://www.simplicityva.com[/url]

thanks guys, always helpful,i am going to try tapping into the hydro at the lift valve.if it does not work,then i will go to plan B[a crank mounted pump].i am building this front end loader from a cad plan off ebay.the cylinders are 1.5X6+1.5X12 from prince hydraulics about $80.00 a piece. if i mounted a pump out on the crank,would i need cw or ccw rotatoin pump and what size tank would i need. thanks, aaron