Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

loader

hey everybody-newbie dogman here.Got a question and some info about me.50 yr old dog trainer from s.cntrl.Pa.married to a very understanding woman.have 6 acres,half woods,half cleared-7 dogs,3 cats,2 mules,2 goats,and a parakeet named #1.'99 sovereign-(ran a 7112 for 12 years)-and a 96 4016 ingersoll.numerous attachments,but NO LOADER!...and that is my question-what can I put on one of these tractors for moving manure and compost around,etc.,.what do you all think of johnny buckets? I am fairly mechanical,rarely if ever need to pay for repairs-but not experienced at re-building engines,or building a loader! No power steering on either machine-how much will that have a bearing on the added front end weight? REALLY NEED some kind of front end loader!...any suggestions much appreciated-Love this site! Charlie (PS;pic is simple swiss mtn.dog-1.5 dp-(dog power). [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/dogman/cola6rdcd.JPG[/img]

thedaddycat
The Johnny Bucket is great if you don't need to lift the load up too much. For taking off a pile and moving across the yard it's great. I have used mine in concert with a moldboard plow to loosen the ground and you can "dig" with it in this manner. Be advised that since it has no sub-frame, you will add stress to the tractor. The weak point on mine was the BGB. I made side support plates for the 3310 V after that one..... After doing all that, I conclude that just using locking plates will suffice to ensure the BGB stays tight.

Tue
Hi Dogman Don't know if this is any help but in the discussion "Little Backhoe" the fellow member Pofarm came up with a interesting link: [url]http://www.p.f.engineering.50megs.com/photo.html[/url] It's a website of a company that sells plans for building your own loader and backhoe. He also explain how to upgrade the front spindle to handle the load. It dos seem simple to upgrade the spindle so it's maybe worth the try?? Tue

thanks for the info-I checked out the links for the spindles&loader plans-probably won't go that route-(lack of time,expertise,and appropriate tools).If I put a johnny on my sovereign,how much weight can I lift,and how high will it raise up? Anybody know of any used ones out there? (Read the suggestion about 3rd tractor to my wife-got a good laugh with that one!...she said "why not just build another barn so you have someplace to put it?"...hmmmmm).Charlie