Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BrendonV

hub trouble

BrendonV
bad news...need help...driving b-10 today and the back right tire wasnt moving but the axle tube was, me and a buddy took off hub??? gear teeth were chewed off something in there, i am not familier with this set up, i will take pics, i am pist and i need to fix!!! i need to know if this part is available new? or do i have to get a used one... recap--back right hand side, seems like the brains of what makes u move is SHOT!!! ?brendonv

MPH
Not a real serious sounding breakdown Brendon. Sounds like you chewed up the diff gears, there should be 4 small ones and one larger one in the center if I recall rt.. New parts??I don't know call SLI. Oh, I say not serious sounding cuz not real major to get at, I realize anytime our toys breakdown is serious..MPH

ReedS
The right hub is availible new,however there were a couple of changes made to it-- the gear is now part of the hub and traction control adjustment feature was eliminated[:0]. I don't have the part # handy right now, but I'll get it later. Here are couple of pics of the new hub assembly , I think if you can find a good used diff. assembly it would both be cheaper and closer to original. Good luck!!! ReedS [img]uploaded/reeds/dscn0141m.jpg[/img] [img]uploaded/reeds/dscn0142m.jpg[/img]