Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I certainly wish it would snow...

Kent

... instead of the mess we've been getting. I'm getting tired of plowing "slushy, slurpy" stuff -- and it's already starting to encroach on my parking area. We got about another 4" of REALLY wet stuff today, and I still had the big, frozen rolls that I'd pushed up from just last Thursday's 6" - 8" mess... I had to move some of it out of the way, and the Big Ten wouldn't push it without spinning, nor would the hydraulic lift lift it to push it up over the pile -- after it rained on it ALL day Saturday, without melting it away, then froze. So, I'd angle the blade as far as it would go and take a run at it in second gear and break off an 18" - 24" chunk and push it out of the way, then go break off another chunk... What a pain, compared to easing into it with the snowblower, listening to the governor kick in and watching it fly!!!!!!!!!

Kent, at least you had something to play with, we only got a dusting in southern RI. Breaking chunks off in 2nd.........see what I mean?

Yup, About a foot or 2 would be fun,had all of the dirt and gravel all packed down until the rain. The 9hp is running well now and is pushing the snow no problem. the 2110 is way overkill for this stuff.Hopefully we'll still have some snow for xmas.[:0]ReedS

The only thing in the air here is DIRT. Its been so dry here the last many weeks that the wind pickes up the dirt off the lot where I work and blows it around so bad I look like a raccoon when I get home at night. Blows it around off the bare fields too. Be nice if we'd get rain , snow, sleet , or something wet....

Dutch, I must admit that I thought of that at least a couple of times tonight when I was crunching ice chunks... :D Kent

Well you guys ain't a just whistlin' Dixie there! This Baby made cleaning 6" of hard 10 year old dried manure out of the barn a much more enjoyable task last summer. If it will lift up and break out chunks of that "crap", I imagine it would do wonders on Ice and frozen snow...

Had a few flurries tonight here in Madison,WI. Thought I was going to have to call Paul with the loader to get rid of it on the driveway.:)

i wish it would snow here to but i think mother nature is waiting for my mower shop to get that little bolt that you took a picture of for me 2 weeks and its still on back order how long can it take to get something that small...mike