Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1

mwells

Hi I have a B-1 that I finished this summer, and I was wondering what its value mite be. You can see a pic of it at www.wellsimplement.com/b1.htm It runs great and works good. I have a center pto I need to put on it yet, but other than that its complete. Sorry its not for sale. Thanks.

Michael Welcome to one great club. Very nice tractor. are you related to the people at Wells Implement. They have some nice decal sets for Allis. [url]http://www.wellsimplement.com[/url] [url]http://www.wellsimplement.com/lawn.htm[/url]

hello again, you did an excellant job on the B-1. i never thought it would look like that when you were e-mailing me! congradulations mike! rob

Michael, From one newbie to another, sweet tractor, looks like a lot of hard work and elbow grease has paid off for you. You have yourself a fine ride! Jay

Real nice looking machine, Mike. Did you do anything to it mechanically? To attempt to place a $ value, would be purely subjective. Opinions on value change, depending on the person, locale, time of year, whether or not there are others, also up for sale, the mood of the buyers wife, etc. If you want to get a feel for it, you could put it on ebay with an unrealistically high reserve, and see how the bidding goes. But, even that will not really give you an accurate estimate. It's worth what someone will pay you at a given moment....good luck.

I had it sent some parts to Western Nebraska about 15 miles away from where I live to our mechanics brother who runs a machine shop. Dave one of our mechanics redid a b-1 with duals and a sikle bar on it and it looks better than mine does. He also is into restoring Allis tractors like a 6-12 18-30 somewhere in that range of years. Anyway I have 2 uncles who work there my dad, and my aunt. Fred, good luck on the B-10

I did alot of the sanding and sandblasting,almost all the priming and my dad painted it and did alot of body work to it. Then we put it together and finished putting on the decals the night before we took it to a show.