Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Something strange I noticed

JohnN

As I looked at this picture I noticed that the fenders had no seat, and the driver is sitting normaly, his knees aren't up to his chin. So is ths a streched version? Just look closly and tell me what you think. Happy Holidays, john n [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/spotlight/sickle_bar_pg11.jpg[/img]

If you look closly seat is there, they have a metal shell which is the same color as the fenders aand in this picture it's blended together--- trust me its there!!!!

I see what you mean. I've looked at that picture a bazillion times, it's on page 11 of the catalog that came with my tractor when it was purchased new in 1964. I just double checked...sure enough same shot. Could it be a small man? There is no back rest either, ouch. Jay

My guess is that he is mowing the roadbank, and getting ready to pass underneath a bridge... Is that what you meant, Maynard?

I like his shirt, I often try and wear my shirt like that when I am out mowing. All pressed and tucked in, with dress shoes on too! That's how I do yard work.

But what is that ghost like object to the left of his head and in the background just past the bridge/overpass? I also noticed that his carb is not leaking fuel.

If this guy is sitting where I believe he is, I would think that that gear shift would be a little uncomfortable. I also believe that most states have laws prohibiting this type of public displays of affection for you tractor (even if it is a simplicity). M.Spetz

Mike he is sitting in the seat on the fender pan the angle and light made the seat blend in with the pan look close at the outline I posted of the back of the seat

Here's another one for you. This is titled "Drivers Seat" from the 1963 literature. Take a good look at those two seats. One is the early style two section and the other is the pan style. I think Simplicity used the same pics for several years of literature, even if it didn't exactly match the current product.... http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1963/driver%27s_seat.htm This is from the 1962 page and is supposed to be a 725. Can't really read the emblem on the tractor. Two piece seat, short steering wheel, no pulley guard for rope cup... Is this a recycled pic of a 700 used to depict a 725 in the 1962 literature? http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1962/725_features.htm

Allis Chalmers did photo touch ups a lot on their b-series line also. It must have been less expensive than the actual photo takes. One thing I noticed about this picture was the dual wheel set up. This photo propted a quetion I asked the club quite a while ago about the length of dual wheel adapters. Notice that the inside rims are the 8 inch tires and the outside rims are the 6 inch tires. They did not make a dual wheel adapter that would accomplish this. The one they made would have the 6 inch tires to the inside only. Either this picture was altered or maybe they used the loader spacer in addition to the dual wheel set up?