Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

No-Scratch Snow Blade

Dutch
Had a young guy buy a serrated grader blade from me to use in his landscape business. We took a liking to each other and started talking about marketing. I suggested he go after the “carriage trade”, like offering no-scratch snow removal for those with new driveways. I made him a rubber “squeegee” that fits over the grader blade teeth. He says it works great, plus easy on & off.

Herb, Ive seen heavy duty plastic used. We line our coal chutes with it so the coal wont "stick" in the summer. A guy now retired made a complete blade with the stuff, somehow it was heated to make the arc and bolted to a metal frame. Every few years we replace our conveyor belts, that rubber is really tough stuff, good year to be exact, I bet it would make a good edge for your blades as well....great idea, i liked the cat house as well. Doug

JP
Yup, Plastics are a WONDERFUL Thing!! When I put in our Brickpaver drive I had to come up with a way NOT to marr it. I chose Delrin & UHMW Plastic, Works GREAT. ALL in All, fairly inexpensive. The 'squeege' is a pretty standard thing & little more expensive than plastic. I didn't thunk it would hold up as well. I have a bunch of rubber edge (8 or so feet) if any one wants to try some (cost & shipping). Let me know........