Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Paint question again

McGill

There were three shades of yellow throughout the B-series, and one orange. The early b-10 paint was a deeper yellow (orange tinge) than the later B-10's and the early B-110's. The bright yellow of the late B-10's and early B-110's was the most popular. Then the later B-110's were a more pale yellow than earlier ones. I am sure this helps you doesnt it. Personally, I like the more common bright yellow, the middle shade they used. I took a peice off and had it scanned at Farm and Fleet so they could mix it using farm industrial paint to match the sample I brought in. Also, I think Minni-Moline yellow was a very close match. They sell it premixed at farm stores. Oh yea, the off white I used was called "Canvas White" made by rust-olium. There is a lot of other off whites that will be as close also. From the rims and dashes that I have, it appears that there was two shades of off white used through the years, not sure of this though.

Here are three colors of yellow. My B-207 is painted Cat. Yellow. Darker than the original, but I like the paint, it covers well and holds up nicely. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/arjr111/00_00001_4.JPG[/img] On my Wards is MM Gold (really a yellowish orange). Don't think, I've ever seen an Allis this color. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/arjr111/00_00001_21.JPG[/img] This last one is, Michael Wells, beauty, he recently posted. It looks to be, the closest to original and, certainly, the nicest. Maybe he will tell us (how he arrived at) what color he used. [img]http://www.wellsimplement.com/Mwb-1.jpg[/img]

Hi My dad And I thought quite a while on what color looks the closest to origional, but we tried to match it to some of our old Allis litichure. The paint was pretty exspensive, I can get the part number by tommorow. If your interested you can call them at 1402-656-4435. You can ask for Mark, He's my dad so good luck.

Dennis, Just use the SW paint you got from me and you'll be happy with the color and sheen. Go to your local Sherwin Williams dealer and get some Kem-Kromik primer though for best results.