Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
roma3112

new sovereign pricing

roma3112
hi guys I had an opinion question for you all, I have some leads on n o s 200 sovereigns. the units i am looking at have 48' decks and power steering. I have been told that they listed for around 7,200 i am getting prices between 5,995 and 6,500 what do you all think would be a fair price to get one of these for. john

AGCO918
If you can get one for$6000.00 or less ,you are doing great.I bought my agco918 new in 99 and paid $5700.00 + tax with a total of $6000.00.Tractor retailed for $7200.00 as stated and i would spend it all over again if they were still made.I have everything but a hr meter which i should have spent $50.00 and got it.Buy one if you can get It for $6000.00 or less.Agco918 chad e shafer

roma3112
thanks chad the guy in my area wants 6,600 i am sure i can haggle a bit just debating if i should go new or pick up another wreck and rebuild it LOL It sure would be nice to own one new withought worrying about blowing a 30+ year old hydro or engine if you use it hard. thanks for your imput. john

Dutch
John, Here's a link to the "old" Simplicity Sovereign page. The links to images are no longer active, but the MSRP still appears > http://www.simplicitymfg.com/prodct/sov.htm I usually don't get involved in "value" questions, but why are you assuming your only choices are a new $6000 machine or a 30 year old "wreck"? How about a late model used Sovereign priced somewhere in between?

KenK
I agree with Herb,we sold a 1995 sovereign for a $1000 with a blown engine.The tractor was very clean and for another grand (approx.)you could slap another engine in it.Pretty cheap for a late model tractor.

hey roma-maybe the norwegian will sell me a powermax,and I'll sell you a sovereign?....(no power steering,though-just how much extra was power steering,anyway?).CJ

BLT
I would try chipping him down to about $5500 and I think he would still make a few bucks for himself. Having that kind of inventory sitting around for a couple of years would want me to unload it so I could invest those dollars in some newer product. BLT

roma3112
thanks al, blt, dogman,ken i appreciate all your imput and insight and while spending the 6k is at the upper end of my budjet i just didnt think the prices of late model sovereign class machines has fallen into the "few thousand dollar range" As strange as it sounds aside from saving $$$ i would enjoy getting a tractor that needs fixing up, part of the love of these "new and old" machines is fixing them up and giving them a new home :) ps how far is carlisle PA from boston charlie ;) thanks all john

roma-here it is,I sent you a "private" message.dogman
quote:
Originally posted by roma3112
thanks al, blt, dogman,ken i appreciate all your imput and insight and while spending the 6k is at the upper end of my budjet i just didnt think the prices of late model sovereign class machines has fallen into the "few thousand dollar range" As strange as it sounds aside from saving $$$ i would enjoy getting a tractor that needs fixing up, part of the love of these "new and old" machines is fixing them up and giving them a new home :) ps how far is carlisle PA from boston charlie ;) thanks all john
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/dogman/trctr4.JPG[/img]