Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AGCO Logo

hurtt

Was wondering what anyone has heard about simplicity dropping the AGCO name from their lawn & garden products. Heard rumor that it will only be Simplicity or Massey Ferguson decaled.

It's my understanding that it's a "done decision" though I'm not sure when it will be completely implemented. I think all 2003 model equipment will NOT carry the Agco name... perhaps a dealer can clarify.

SAD for me to hear this.I wish to be point blank that agco would drop massy.All i hear is massy ,best selling pieace of junk on the market.I have nothing personal against them other than agco has went down the toilet so to speak with massy under their belt.Agco could make it better without massy.What is cheap price if they have problems.The older massys from the 70s and early 80s were ok but this new stuff is just not impressing me because agco relies on them to much for desins when they had a great product line with 8000s series of the 80s and with the white workhorse line of high hp tractors and drop all that just to have a painted massy with agco logo.Agco needs to get their head of the gutter or they arent going to have anything.I would pay more for a cat challenger over a massy any day of the week.Massy just doesnt sell around here.It is green,red, or blue and my agco in last place with is getting old.Agco needs to replace massy with a better agco product line and stay with with something that sells.In the next couple of yrs agco tractors will have a cat engine in all tractors once the frame is redesigned to have a cat engine fit in side it.That will be great on my oppion only.For the lawn and gardenline, agco is making a mistake,agco sells better around here on lawn and garden tractors.I have never seen a massy lawn tractor around here at all because this is all agco dealers around here.Agco will get theirself in a corner and not get out one of these days because everything that has sold around here they have done away with it. AGCO918

Hey Agco918, I am not sure what your post is about. Massey lawn and garden is Simplicity painted red... Hurtt, it wont be Simplicity dropping Agco, if its true, Agco is the big boy on the block (get out of the US an the worlds never heard of JD). Again, Agco is just Simplicity painted another color, lawn and garden that is. Now if your talking ag I don't know noughting about ag tractors. Jack

I AM talking ag tractors and lawn tractors.All ag tractors are massy painted red plus they have a VALMENT(SUSIA) engine which is suppose to be a good engine.As far as simplicity,why would anybody what a red simplicity?I am brand loyal and the simplicity logo is getting better all the time now.My dealer is simplicity and he goes all out to make my agco918 right.Nothing against agco dealers but have had better service through simplicity.AGco dealers dont want to mess with a $6000.00 lawn tractor when they make their money off the $200,000. gleaner or $100,000.+ agco/massy tractor.To be honest about it i will never buy a red simplicity,simplicity is the best and why agco wants to get out of lawn market under agco logo is as stupid as agco doing away with the white tractor line and moving their tractor production to france.They must make more money overseas,to make tractors there and ship back to good old usa,sad but think north american free trade deal on usa losing jobs anymore.Glad i have a agco918 now because if i would have waited a couple of yrs to buy a lawntractor i would be buying a red simplicity.That makes my head hurt thinking that and as a april fools joke of me buying a green overpriced tractor.Hope simpliclity stays around for a long time because they are the only left that was ever connected to allis chalmers other than gleaner which is the best combine on the market on my oppion.agco918

Hey guys I would like to give you the word on Agco brand name being dropped from L&G line. I have been an Allis L&G dealer since 1974. In august of this yr. when the Simpliciy rep. took my order for2003 he told me thatthe AGCO brand name would be dropped forthe 2004 model yr., but that they ( simplicity not Agco ) had made the decision because Agco branded product coming out of Simplicity had dropped to less than 3% of production. When the rep. left I called Simplicity and asked to talk to the president his secretary said that he was in a meeting ,but he would call me and disscuss the decision to drop Agco with me that afternoon, yeh right I thought. About 2 that afternoon he called and talked for a long time about my concerns , we discussed ways for Agco dealers to change to Simplicity smoothly , maybe literature that would show the connection to Allis Chalmers or something like that. My point is Simplicity is very concerned about all of its dealers and they are concerned about the heritage of thier line. I was impressed that the president would call a small dealer and give him as much time as he needed to talk. Whatever the name on the side they will always be built in port washington WI by the same folks that have been there for 80 yrs. I was told by him that a lot of AGCO ALLis dlrs. went to sim. when the allis in the name was dropped by Agco. Cal at Yankee Sales & Service Sorry I was so long winded, but Ithough I should set the record straight. THANKS