Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-110 question

PatRarick

In re-doing my B-110, the dash had several holes drilled into it for "personalized" accesories. Don't know all the previous owner had installed, but there were too many holes to repair. In my pile of "good junk", I found a dash for a B-110. This one was from a tractor that had the sunken area for the ignition switch, and was for a solenoid equipped tractor. In the owner's manual of my B-210, it shows two different wiring schematics. One is for the solenoid starter and the other is for the push button starter. My question is, were many B-110's equipped with the solenoid? Since the owner's manual of the newer B-210 shows both types, was the solenoid start an option? Looked at the owners and parts manual for the Simplicity equivilent tractor, and only one dash is shown. If both were available, there should have been two dashes. My confusion is ever increasing.^ Pat

Pat, Not sure about the number of them produced, but here is what I do know. The dash and ignition differences in the B-110 line were not option differences. They differed much like the differences in the early and late B-10 lines. The early B-110 with nonsunk dash and push solenoid was serial number 80001 and prior, the solinoid start sunk key hole dash was on serial number 80001 and after B-110's. I beleive a rough cut off date for the difference was about 1968. I also think that the early B-110 was the same color yellow as the late B-10, the later B-110 was a more pale yellow.

Pat, According to my parts books, some of the B-110s used a starter relay (solenoid), other B-110s did not. Sounds like a late vs. early deal. The relay that is listed for the B-110s is same number as used on the later model RBTs (like the 7100 series).

Dan and Dutch, Thanks. I assumed that the difference was an early/late deal, but I had never seen a B-110 with the relay. On the other hand, until the B-112 that was recently parted out on e-Bay, I had never seen a B-112 or HB-112 with the push button starter. Pat

I heard from a AC dealer (hearsay) that one of the reasons AC went to the recessed key and solenoid start because everyone was busting the keys off in the kill switch when they got on the tractors on the earlier B-110's.

I can understand that, but I can't understand why they didn't either do the same with or relocate the headlight switch. I've managed to knock at least four switches off between my B-210, HB-212, and my 3112, particularly in the winter when I have my clumsy winter boots on. Pat

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Pat, swing your foot over the back of the seat, my bunny boots won't fit through the dash area anyway..MPH
........ sounds like getting on a mule. Why not just get an RBT and mount like a gentleman.

Pat,I also have a AC B-110 ser.no.064847.With push button (starter relay).The key was broken in the switch when I bought the tractor. I got lucky and got the broken key out with wire cutters. Karl:I [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/AC/Image096a.jpg[/img]