Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 314 Easy to push

KSever

Since I've never had a tractor of this sort (AC314) and I know it's not going to start when I pick it up. Will I have any trouble pushing this thing with the Vari-Drive I believe it has? Do I have to release anything to make it freewheel like the Hydrostat? I'm going down this weekend to pick this $50 tractor up with the grade blade,front blade, tiller and mower deck but wanted to make sure I could push this up onto the truck without anything resisting in the tranny. The only Problem I could find with this tractor is that it has RUNNINGBOARDS. Thanks again, Kris [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/KSever/314.jpg[/img]

Youv should have no trouble from the transmission. Put the gearshift in the neutral and it should move easily (depending upon the surface and amount of air in the tires)

Kris, Is that an elf or a leprecon at the end of your post? Some people have all the luck. What a haul for 50 bucks. Sorry I can't help with your question as I've never had one with that drive either. Greg

Kris, I suggest that you plan to use a "come-along" or some type of winch to get it up the ramps and into your truck, unless you have at least 3 other strong guys around. These things are heavy -- especially on a steep ramp.... What a deal!

Well, I see you and the seller agreed on a price. Seems over a month or more ago you had questions about it's value. When you get it up and running it'll be worth ten times what you paid for it! Great deal! Steve

looks like the one I found a bit ago... I had to get out the come along, flat tires make it hard to roll, but it turned out in the end enough debris was around the brake band that made it VERY hard to move. yeah, they are heavy.

Hi Kris, Shouldn't have trouble rolling, it has basically the same trans as your latest Simplicity. You might have some difficulty with the grader blade though. If you would like, I can pick that up for you. Merry Christmas

Oh you guys are funny (Dennis, Neil, and Dan). For as long as it took to finally get a date from this guy so I could pick this tractor up I think I can struggle and get them on the trailer.:D I was going to use the truck to pick this up but I believe I'll take the trailer too. This guy isn't for sure what all attachments are with this but the ones mentioned he knew for sure. So taking the trailer might be a better idea for the room and a lower height to wheel the tractor up on to.;)

my standard equipment for a junk tractor pick up includes: 1) winch on tilt bed trailer with 25' of strap. 2) not 1, but 2 come-alongs 3) 1 air tank fully charged to try and inflate flat tires 4) a 5' tempered steel pry bar to shimmy the tractor along if all else fails 5) a heavy duty dolly to wheel the attachments around to the truck 6) a set of tools in the truck, to remove attachments to make tractor easier to move 7) occasionally its good to take some spare wheels, both front and back. 8) plenty of tie down ratchets and straps.

I always use a tilt bed trailer for getting tractors.These tractors are hard to (push-pull) any time for one person.Put the implements in the truck and the tractor on the trailer.Not so high. Once you get that tractor check to see if it has electronic pick up or points on the engine I am looking for information on testing the ignition system on my tracto.Thanks and good luck.Bob

If the deck or any attachments are on it I would recomend removing them before trying to move the tractor very far. I very much like my 314-D, especially the vari-drive transmission. You've found a fine tractor at a great price! Best of luck Dick

Kris, I've adapted some 700 series stuff to my 410. If you have any interest or find attachments, I'd be glad to show you how I did it. Only difference being...you'd have it right the first time :-). Good find! John