Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fuel pumps

68_Mag

Hi all. I'm afraid I may be running into a problem, and have to apologize in advance for the off- topic tractor. The tractor isnt really important, because it's engine troubles I'm having. I have a 10 horse Briggs&Stratton verticle shaft single cylinder I'm swapping into a garden tractor. The catch is, due to the tractor's small frame and design, I can no longer mount the gas tank in the factory location due to a taller engine. I have plently of room behind the engine, but that's at a lower level than the carb. My question- Are there any small electric fuel pumps I could adapt to this application?

Hi Mag, saw a post awhile back where a fella, was having trouble with his K-321 mechanical fuel pump. He went to NAPA, purchased a small universal electric fuel pump and his headaches went away....cost less than $25. He took the mechanical fuel pump off and covered the hole with a plate. Another guy said he could drill a hole in that plate for a vacuum fitting and install a pressure fuel pump, too.

If you use one of those small "FACET" solid state pumps make sure that you get the 2.5-3 psi model and put a NAPA 3007 fuel filter on the suction side of the pump to keep dirt from plugging the check ball if you ever run out of Gas. Don