Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snows a Comin :)

roma3112

Well guys if the weather guys are right up here in the boston area we are due for about 6-12 of the white stuff on wednesday. :D I was wondering if i should tale off the blade on the 3112h in favor of the snow thrower, what do you all think john b

hey John-I say blade,wouldn't mine the chance to try the blower on the ingersoll though-CJ[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=dogman&file=1109"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

I hope we get a good blast of the white stuff so I can really try out the 2110 with the blower. [img]uploaded/reeds/dscnm0006.jpg[/img] Unfortunately we will be having family here,but I guess the snow must go on!!! Of course if we have less than 6' I will just use the 9hp with the blade.[img]uploaded/reeds/dscnm0004.jpg[/img] Either way I figure I've got it covered:D ReedS

Charlie How are you uploading your pictures? Are you useing the paper clip icon? [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Do you have spaces or symbols in the file name? There should be no spaces or symbols in the file name. If you are useing the paper clip icon [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] and there are no spaces or symbols in the file name the picture should load directly to the post. The last two pictures didn't upload.

Yippee!!!!!!! have fun with snow. At least it's not here in Wisconsin. We haven't had enough to fill a shot glass so far. But we all remember two years ago when we had 51 inches in 21 days. We'll get ours sooner or later. Merry Christmas all.

I have found that the best way to ward off any impending snow storms is to have my blade alrady hooked up to my 3314. Course we only get one or 2 decent snows a year down here anyway, but having the blade on sure seems to keep the snow away....lol

Snow? Again? Calling for maybe 6+ inches here around northern Ky/southern Ind. The blade's still on the 17GTH and a friend gave me a "like-new" set of chains today so I'm ready to go. Man I sure like playing in snow since I bought my Simplicity's Next comes the home-brew cab!!!! Larry

Well if you can believe them all us members in the boston area will be getting 6-12 tomorrow :) Supposedly the southern plains got hit with the same storm, are there any members out in those areas? I only wish i had another sovereign with a blade so i could have the 3112h with the blower and be ready for all contingencies. Think i will fill up the gas can today and give the old gal the once over when i get out of work :)

This is a little off the beaten track but go to this weather site and then get a local reporting station for your area or across the nation. Right now it is defaulted for me in the Milwukee WI area. Has the weather channel beat hands down. No advertising. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mkx/

NOAA is calling for 10" - 20" & the local guy just upped his to 12" - 24" in the hills east of Albany. I guess I've gotta put my Wife's car in the drive and fill the garage with sleds. It also means I won't have to travel to the In law's tomorrow. I love snow..lol..

Here in Lancaster County, PA They are calling for the usual mixed bag. After midnight start with Snow, sleet, maybe changing to rain, then back to snow during Christmas afternoon. Amounts on the ground are predicted at 2" very heavy sleet/slush to upwards of 10"+ if it would be all snow. Kind of makes it hard to decide what to mount for snow removal. Have to mount the blade because, I was not real happy with the three belt blower I picked up this summer at the auction. It needs gone over, sanded and painted(another project on the list). It was clogging real bad and I fried the clutch belt, by the time I hopped off the tractor to de-clutch it. Next year I hope to have a 42" blower mounted on the 716-6. Maybe Santa will find me one close by!!

thanks Maynard-did have a symbol in the file name,I'll try again.Here's what Roma wants! CJ [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/dogman/sovblade.JPG[/img]

Never know how much we will get-also have the blower ready for the ingersoll,but here is how I "cheat"! CJ [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/dogman/hondaplow.JPG[/img]

The first thing I told my wife when she got out of bed this morning was, "I think I'm going to get the best gift I could get on Christmas morning! We're supposed to get 5-8" overnight on Christmas Eve! I'll finally get to use my new snowplow!" Why do wives give you that disgusted look...something like :(!?

Would be nice to have some snow again. The AC-B-12 with snowblower,Simplicity 3416H with snowblade,Simplicity VA just in case I need back up.:o) [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/winter/Image025.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/winter/Image028.jpg[/img] These pictures are from last year. Karl :D

Sounds like us "adults" will have trouble sleeping Christmas eve...Dreaming of playing in the snow! I've got a 3-belt blower on my 101 and a push blade on the 914. If it's slushy, push it, if it's powdery, blow it. Either work good on asphalt. The 3-belt works good (it's what belongs on the 101), but if you get a belt smoking jam, just turn the key off. By the time you get to the front clutch it's too late. Also, thanks for the NOAA site. I've been looking for a reliable weather source. They're predicting 3-5 inches overnight with total of 7 here in eastern Ohio. That's enough to be fun! Enjoy!!

Well kent i hope i didnt make a wrong decision i decided to keep the blade on the 3112, how much are you expected to get in your neck of the woods.? Hey charlie stop teasin me its x-mas you got to be nice santa is watchin :) LOL take care all i am ogg to get ready for a party with the future in-laws

Hey John-you just had a great excuse to stay home and you blew it.(you must like the in-laws,that's good!).Talk about "blowing" it-you may wish you had switched.I just hung the blower on the ingersoll,now I have to go out and figure out the belt-(has to go on backwards,apparently,older case unit)-also lubricate and test fire.This is the only attachment that I haven't tried yet.The auger is pretty chewed up,some bent areas and rough edges-should I try to straighten and grind down the rough spots,or not to worry too much? (doesn't seem to rub anywhere).You all have a nice Christmas,and stay home if it gets icy out there! This storm system has already killed a lot of people-my heart goes out to their poor families.Let's have our fun in the snow and pray for everyone's safety.I'll try and get a pic of the auger on later-(Maynard is gonna kill ME if I screw it up again).Charlie

John, If you can keep up with it, you should be able to get by with your blade as long as you have somewhere to put it (I don't have much room myself). I've found that you can't do much good if you let it get over 6 to 8" deep.... They're saying 8" to 15" out here, with up to 24" in the higher elevations. Since I'm on top of a hill west of Worcester, I'm expecting to really get a good one.... Kent

I am ready...bring it on!! Sitting here in Central CT. minutes after giving the old girl a once over...full of everything (fluids) and wiped down (to look good)! I have my driveway and two others to play with. I don't have a blower for the tractor, just the blade. I find that if I go out about 4 inches and plow, the blade handles it with no heavy breathing. If I get caught with over 6 inches then I break out the walk behind blower, but I'd rather plow. Wife doesn't even have to ask anymore what I'm doing, once it starts snowing my eyes glaze over and I can't wait to get outside and play!! Yee Ha!! Jay