Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Re: rebuild hi-lo on Broadmoor-snow!

Tom_Byrne

Well, we got about 3 inches of snow last nite here in New Jersey. Started the little old Broadmoor and she pushed pretty well, even without the low range! Did my 150 ft. rear driveway then did my brothers 400 footer without a problem. I'll see what happens when the bigger snows come.:D But all in all it was a nice Christmas present to it it do what it did. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Tom, Wooo, I'm just north of you and we only got a dusting, and raining pretty good now. Will have to see what later in the day brings!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! JoeJ

Well... The 3 inches in the morning yesterday turned in to about 8-9 inches by midnite that nite, and the old Broadmoor could'nt hack it. It drifted to well over a foot in places and she just did'nt have the "oomph" to do it. Better work on that hi-lo ASAP. By the way, I am still looking for a 2010 or 2012, pre 1968, in or close to New Jersey. If anyone sees or hears of one please let me know. Thanx!

Here's one, about half way through restoration. I'll be working on it again now that Christmas is past. I still have another week of vacation before I have to go back to work. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10303

I've been following your restoration when I can on your posts. Lookin good. Those 2010-2012 tractors seem to be eluding me. That was the tractor my Grandfather had and the first on I ever drove when I was about nine years old. Loved that old machine! One will turn up for me eventually. I still have my "keeper" 66 Broadmoor to finish up and a 717 to fix up and sell in the spring. Good luck on the resto- I'll keep watching!