Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is this not the same tractor ?

KSever

3 different auctions and all 3 different prices [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20544&item=2083134858[/url] [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20544&item=2084283166[/url] [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20544&item=2084282579[/url]

Kris, Certainly looks like it. He's been listing that same tractor, over and over, for seems like a year now... Certainly makes you wonder why it hasn't sold. ;)

This tractor has been on at least six times. That is why I don't post it any more. Interesting thing do a search and see if you can find where this tractor has sold. I found one where it was relisted because the buyer did not finish the deal but that is all. About the only thing he sells are Lithium batteries. He also has 3 JOHN DEERE 455-AWS Compact Diesel Tractor*PTO Listed same add 3 different prices. In both cases the Simplicity and the JD one auction is no reserve low starting bid with bidders and the other 2 are very high starting bids with no bidders. Anyone giving odds on if they sell. Mine are 20 to 1 that they don't lol.

I'm with you on this one Maynard. I've seen this one a few times and one time I saw it sold also and then relisted about 2 days later. Makes you really want to bid on this one. I think it also says in the ad that he really needs to sale this one, maybe if he has 3 auctions he thinks maybe one time it will or you could possibly have a Time Share tractor :D

Gee! It's deals like this that have kept me from buying anything off e-bay. Call me goofy, but I still have a distrust of dealing where I can't see the merchandise or shake hands with the seller. Larry

Larry, I can honestly say I have only had one bad dealing from one buyer. But, I have met and dealt with alot of good ebayers. I mainly try and deal with people that I either know from previous deals or Club members I have known. The one bad deal I had was a part that I had up for auction and this person tried to get me to take it off Ebay and sell it to him outright. Of course I would not and he still won the auction, BUT he still did not pay for the part and I had to relist it and I lost approx. $12 from him not paying. Not to mention the previous auction he had won was up to $102 and the relisting auction only went for $36....But that's only one bad deal out of almost 85 deals I've done by either buying or selling. Not too bad of odds I figure. Kris Maynard, I know this isn't an actual ebay item But I can't move it. If I could I would.

Well he did it again Simplicity Compact Diesel Tractor 25HP Ldr Dk Bidding was at $6,100.00 With 31 bidders Bidding is closed for this item The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale. JOHN DEERE 455-AWS Compact Diesel Tractor*PTO Bidding is closed for this item The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale Check out his record [url]http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=montourman&include=0&since=30&sort=3&rows=25[/url]

This is getting funny. I like this statement: Please Note: I need to sell this equipment NOW, at a fair price.......thanks for looking and bidding!

I bid on that Legacy when it was first listed (seems like well over a year ago). All the regular serious bidders have probably been scared away. He's probably waiting for some newbie eBay buyer. If I were the seller, I'd rewrite that stale gobbledygook description, and take a new photo. "Angles" don't bother me unless I can't figure them out. This seller has me baffled. One thing is for sure......... eBay has made some money from all the listings.

Sounds to me like he needs a good swift kick in the pants. I don't know what he is doing but I can assure you it's not something intended to make other people happy. I think there is a way to alert eBay if a seller/buyer is engaging in suspicious activity, matter of fact, I bet they'd love to know in order to protect their integrity. Hey, call me critical, it's only my opinion, but I wouldn't feel bad ratting out a guy like that. Jay

quote:
Originally posted by Jayman
Sounds to me like he needs a good swift kick in the pants... suspicious activity... I wouldn't feel bad ratting out a guy like that.
What's he doing? Seems to me he's just advertizing a tractor. I don't think there's any law that makes a seller do it a certain way. Has someone been cheated? I don't think so. Look at his feedback, 566 with no negatives. On the other hand, there are members of this club that go on eBay and buy, but don't pay, and sell but don't deliver after they've been paid. Now that gives honest buyers and sellers a bad name.

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
What's he doing? Seems to me he's just advertizing a tractor. I don't think there's any law that makes a seller do it a certain way. Has someone been cheated?
Someone has been cheated. He's got this tractor in 3 different auctions on EBay at the same time. Who's to say which person in what auction wins. OH I know, I'll just stop this auction so this person doesn't win. I don't know for sure, BUT I would think you couldn't have the same thing up for auction on Ebay in 3 different auctions at the same time. This would be like 3 different auctioneers having their own auction for the same car at the same time and when the auction is over the 3 people who won have to fight over the car. You don't call this being cheated. This guy has had this tractor on EBay I know at least 6 times and had no reserve and had many bids, then stops the auction 1 day before it over. If you don't think your going to make enough on an auction you should have had a reserve in the first place.

Kris, You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I don't think "montourman" is doing anything dishonest or illegal. If bidders don't like his style (I don't), don't bid on his auctions (I don't). How about if you wanted to sell your tractor, and advertised it in tree different newspapers? That happens all the time. How about real estate that's advertised in MLS (Multiple Listing Service) where hundreds of realtors are trying to sell the same property? If "montourman" sold the same tractor to three different people, that would be different. But, he didn't! Anyway, who's to say "montourman" isn't selling three different tractors, as suggested above? I don't believe that's the case, but it could be.

Come on Dutch a newspaper is not an Auction. A newspaper ad is first come first serve. In an auction your thinking for sure that you won. As in EBay it states this is a legal binding contract. So if he's got three binding contracts on one tractor who's binding contract is binding? BUT that can't happen here with his auctions anyway, because he stops all three before the end.:) By the way if he had 3 tractors the same, why not do a Dutch auction and sell all 3 at the same time? ? BUT your right thats my opinion. And that's not how I do business. And it's just fun to watch this guys auctionsss.

quote:
Originally posted by KSever By the way if he had 3 tractors the same, why not do a Dutch auction and sell all 3 at the same time? ?
If I may butt in here..... according to ebay rules, in a dutch auction all items have to be sold at the LOWEST successful bid. This said, I don't think this guy knows what he wants to do. I would think ebay is making money off his listings, though. You can only relist an unsuccessful item one time within 30 days without a listing fee. He has certainly listed these much more than that.

I know if I was the high bidder and it was pulled just before the auction closed then to find it relisted again I would be just a little upset. I can see it happening once for a local sale gone bad,But to do it countless times. He has not only done it with the Simplicity he is doing it with the JD. A buyers bid is a contract to buy. What about a sellers obligation?

I don't like "montourman's" auction style. I won't bid on "montourman's" auctions. But you guys should read eBay's rules > http://pages.ebay.com/help/sellerguide/selling-bids.html If "montourman" really bothers you...... sue him (her). I'll bet you will "win" the right to buy the Legacy for $9,600.

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
... that's not how I do business.
Kris, When you placed your beautiful 717 up for auction on eBay for the second time, you cancelled the auction prematurely > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20544&item=2079516495&rd=1 I believe you had every right to do what you did. Why don't you believe "montourman" has that same right?

There is an old saying "All that glitters is not gold,all that is found was never lost" This guy ,I would like to beleive, is trying to figure out what this thing is worth at certain times of the year,and willing to pay for it.In the words of the famous Froghorn Leghorn "You got all the right intentions boy your just not going about it in the right way".LOL !!Just like some of the people I have known in my life,thinking you are cute,doesent make you so !!!My personal feelings are that he would be a good seller to stay away from.He doesn,t think about the feelings nor respectabilty of others.Many times I have had to ask some pretty stupid questions in this great forum,I always got a straght answer.I have been selling used cars in the same town for almost 33 years now,I havent been shot nor threatened once in all that time.There is one way,only,to do it ,the right way,from the servicing ,to the detailing ,to the sale,and, the most important, after the sale. we enjoy a grat reputation,65% of our buisness is repeat and referral. Sure helps in making life easy,for the customer first and, ourselves.I have never lied to sell a car ! thats the truth.We have in every car or truck,a Carfax, what we did to the car as far as servicing it in writing,a Kelley blue book price and a NADA price.The dealers around us,laugh at this,at the same time, we just had a banner year in a very confused market,they all have tears in their eyes !!. All of the comments here have a great value to those that typed them,be respectful of their thoughts and, views.You only get back in life what you put into it.Have I made misjudgements on people ,places and things??? sure,but,have always stood tall and made an amends or given an honest explanation.Honest the "key" word here. I have to sleep with me at night !!. I have been to a place in life that drained me of all self respect and esteem,dont want to go back there."The man I was will ,do the same" This guy hasnt grown up yet, so be it !!I would never bid on anything he has listed."You are only as good a man as your deepest secrets" The comaraderie we have in this forum is all we need,to fulfill what we have as a hobby,a way to relax, and friendships that we only know from a computer screen,and in some cases more then that,that are a lot more real then people, places,and things we all see in everyday life. I wouldnt trade that for anything,neither do I beleive that any of you here would. I am humbled to be accepted in this forum,and respect all of you here. The web is full of a lot of many places that technology has given us,many places are not for me,and I am sure of the same for many of you. I mean to harm none here ,this is just an observation. I hope I offended none of you.I do respect all of your views on this subject about this seller. May all of you,and yours be blessed with a happy,and healthy New Year.And again Do not in your thoughts forget all of our military,that cant be ,or in some cases cannot communicate with theur famlies at all,on this holiday. By the way !! How many 3212V,s are out there ??? Sorry to ramble !!

Pete, Your story reminded me of a used car salesman I met when I was a young man. John Locke was one of the most honest men I ever met. He wouldn't sell a car that he wouldn't sell to his mother. He test drove every car for several days before he would show it to a customer. John's repeat customers were steady, in good times and bad. John's good name was worth far more to him than money. John also taught me a very important lesson. Whenever some "shabby" looking customer came in, the "pretty boy" salesmen would look the other way. John would always treat them with the same respect as anyone else. John's theory was, if a customer wore fancy clothes the only thing that meant was, they wore fancy clothes. If a customer was in work clothes, with muddy boots, and dirty hands, that probably meant they were working. If they were working, they were probably making money. If they were making money, they could probably afford to buy a car or truck. Happy New Year to you.........