Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is this not the same tractor ?

KSever

Your right Dutch I did have every right to end my auction early. BUT I didn't have two other auctions at the same time. And I could see that it was not going to make the RESERVE price I had set of $600 since it was only up to $200 .

Maynard, I have to agree. We've wasted enough time on this Joe Schmoe who obviously has no intention of being "Upright and Square" with his bidders. I will report him to e-Bay for questionable practices.

So happy to read that the individual seller is being talked about and not eBay or the internet. So many times we do not place responsibility where it belongs. Just like in the anti-gun arguments. This guy is not a good eBayer and as with any sale anywhere, the rule is "buyer be ware". Dan

forgive me as i don't have any idea what this thing is worth but an opening bid of almost $10,000 may be why he has'nt sold it. i know that's way more than i would pay for a unit like that. i would prefer something older and more simple. i've seen a jacobsen diesel tractor on e-bay numerous times with bids approaching $8000, but it never sells either. anything good newer than about 1980 seems out of my range!

• 4 weeks later...
If nothing else this tractor hauls in the lookers. He does not want to sell it because those who look now may not have another reason to look if he/she sells it. He is using them for lures, bait, Sizzle. A business expense for ebay transactions, no doubt. Leroy

What bothers me most is that he appears to be a dealer. I wonder what he'd do if someone pulled up with about $8K - $10K in cash and a trailer to load it on...

Kent, Maybe he would offer a MTD equally equipped with a savings on the attachments that are not avaiable. There is a possiblity that he no longer has it. He did say on one of his adds that the unit is subject to prior sale. He can say that he just relisted the item incase folks want to buy a new one like it.