Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Still waiting

PatRarick

The "boys" are ready, but nothing to do yet. Looks like a fair amount of snow, but actually only about 2" on the level. Here, it has just blown in around the buildings.

Pat

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight.... Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw all those Allis attachments mounted on Simplicity tractors.... :) Pat, you certainly are well prepared!

I have installed a hydraulic lift on the 3112, and 6" wide chloride filled ag tires with chains for snow use. I have 23 X 10.50 X 12 ag tires with weights that I run on this tractor for garden use. It is a dedicated garden tractor. Seldom mows. Also added front wheel weights and tri rib tires to eliminate side draft from running the blade angled. Can't stop it unless you run up against a building! The B-110 is a project I am currently working on. Replaced the original engine with a 12 horse, bored .020, added a hi-lo, and painted it. I am replacing the seals in a hydraulic unit to install on it. Have to replace the front tires, paint the rims, and I should be done. Have a right hand lift, but am debating on whether to install it on this tractor, or my Big Ten. The 914 has been repowered with an 18 horse Vanguard V-twin. I also installed an electric lift. It currently has the "summer tires" from the 3112. They are weighted and chained for snow. The blower is off my HB-212. I made the hitch, copying an original 900 series hitch that I borrowed from a friend. Had to extend the lift arm on the blower so the lift rod would clear the hood. Just bolted the extension to the original lift arm. Also had to change the blower pulley. The blade on the 3112, the electric lift on the 914, and the hi-lo on the B-110 all came from Smilin Sam. The hi-lo was from a Broadmoor. I had the linkage and mount, but not the pulley. Sam had the pulley rebored to 3/4" to fit the transmission shaft. I cut the 9" Broadmoor pulley off and welded on a 6 1/2". Works like a charm. Pat

I hear ya Pat, Chance for an inch or so tonight over here. This was going to be "the year" for me, new toy to plow and blow snow with (7016), one that was actually ready for duty, I dont work outside year round anymore, my woods all cut, wheres our storm???? Nice fleet Pat!!! Doug

Pat, I need seals for my hydraulic lift cylinders -- where did you find them? What are the specs or part numbers? How do you like using the Hi/Low? I really like mine -- between 2nd/Low, 1st/High and 2nd/High you can usually find a speed that matches whatever work you're doing...

Kent, I used standard "O" rings for all except the piston. On that I used a square "O" ring. Took the old rings to a local hydraulic shop and they just handed me what was needed. Seals in the pump were easy to get. Took the old ones into the bearing shop and they measured and gave me the right ones. Couldn't find the pump gaskets, but I was able to salvage the old rubber ones. Just got a standard "O" ring for the "O" ring seal in the pump. The valve is where I had trouble. Water had gotten inside at one time and screwed things up. Found a hydraulic valve on e-Bay that had come from the heavy MTD or Dayton tractor. It appeared the same in the photos, and I got it for $12.50. When I got it, it was the exact same valve but the ports where the valve seals to the pump with "O" rings were threaded. I was able so salvage the old valve body and used the internal parts from the e-Bay valve. Really like the hi-lo. Haven't used it for any garden work yet but fooling around in the little snow we do have, it works very well. Played around along my machine shed where the snow had drifted to varying depths. Easy to find a gear to handle whatever was there. Pat

Pat, do you find your 6 in ag tires have traction enough in the snow? I wasn't very impressed with mine on the 725 with grader blade. I was snow pack though..MPH

Pat, Feel free to load up and come out my way. At a couple of thousand feet elevation in Washington's Cascade range there's no shortage of white stuff. I have plenty for you to practice on <G>.

Marty, I found that I have much better traction with the narrower tires, BUT if I am on hard packed snow, loose gravel, or loose soil and the tires ever do start to spin, I am done. They dig themselves down REAL quick. Pat

[img][/img]Cmon over here with your fleet Pat I have 3 ACRES of snow to play in!:o)http://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?s=cano&src=/PhotoLoft/Asset20/2002/12/27/10238/10238158_0_6789.fpx,0,0,1,1,512,384,FFFFFF [click link to see pics,,]8Dhttp://image.photoloft.com/opx-bin/OpxFIDISA.dll?s=cano&src=/PhotoLoft/Asset20/2002/12/26/10236/10236802_0_1508.fpx,0,0,1,1,512,384,FFFFFF:o)And to think I coulda bought 5 AC and Sim. throwers at afall auct. for 20 bucks for all!,,naah it wont snow this yr I said!,,,