Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4211 questions

bigcountry

I was given a Simplicity 4211H lawn tractor this past week and I have a few questions regarding some parts on it. It needs a battery. Is it a 6 or a 12 volt? The battery was unreadable. The mower deck also needs a belt. What size belt do I need and will any brand of belt work? I am trying to get it going so I can have a reason to keep it and not part it out. It's in real good shape, just needs a little TLC and I don't want to throw away a good piece of machinery. If I get good response, I'll bring a few other general questions next time. Appreciate all the info. By the way, I am a John Deere man, but since this was given to me and looks pretty good, I am making an exception.:)

Welcome to the club Don't usually give out classified info to JD owners especially those that admit it but!!!!!!!! It is 12 volt. MFG# 1691029 4211H Drive Belt# 1670835 length 78.5" type HA MFG# 1690838 36" Mower Arbor Drive Belt# 1713549 length 70.1" type HA Any brand will work if you like buying belts. If you don't get a Simplicity belt.

BIG that is definetly a 12v battery, when you go to the local store to match it up try to get a battery with the positive terminal on the same side as yours, not a big deal if you cant find one all you will need to do is swap the batt cables around or replace one (because of the orientation the cables wont reach) i have a 4111 whish is basically the same as yours and mine under the hood had a sticker with all the belt sizes and #'s take a look there if not i will look at mine somtime tomorow and re-post ps welcome to the club john b

woops ya beat me maynard you must be a faster typer than me there was no post here 15 min ago when i started huntin and peckin lol

Welcome to the club. I am not familar with the 4200 series, but a couple of thoughts. Most all newer tractors are 12V. My 1966 and 1967 tractors are 12V so I think your 4211 will be too. As for belts, check in the Shop Talk forum or Resources on the home page.Kent and UCD have gathered a lot of the Simplicity charts and parts lists so if you have your model# you can match up the belts needed. I have used major brand belts and they work, but Simplicity belts seem to last a lot longer. You mentioned John Deere,most of us here,while we swear by our tractors, appreciate any classic iron.The early 110 and 112 JD's were great. Well built and true working tractors. My feeling> use what you enjoy-enjoy what you use! Larry

its a good thing some of are night-owl's here in boston at least it is hmm well its saturday as of 2 min ago LOL good luck with the project big john b