Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Serial Number

bigcountry

Where is the serial number located on a 4211H? How can I find out what year it is? I know I'm full of questions, but I'm new to Simplicitys, and so far, my new project (as of this afternoon) seems to be worth my while.

Is there a place on the tractor to look for the serial number? I just want to find it so I can see the year and other stuff on it.

My 4211G has the tag down on the left side of the tractor by the lever to engage the mower.I am not sure that it would be the same on the hydro models.

bigcountry Go to this site You can download all the manuals you could ever want or need on that tractor and any attachments. It is going to take some time reading and searching but well worth it. Use 100 for part# for operater manuals and 200,300,400, etc. to 900 for other manuals,parts, repair,electrical,belts. [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php[/url]

I have a 4212H and the tag is in the same place as on the 4211G that mowerman1193 has. It should be the same on the 4211H, I would think. Greg