Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JOHNNY PRODUCTS

roma3112

GUYS i recently purchased a jbjr for my 3112h, and i would like to say if anytime a member has a chance to do business with john dont hessitate!! He is a great to deal with and very very helpful.

Hey Roma John-did your johnny bucket arrive yet? You are so excited about your new sov you probably forgot to tell us.I am going to order one next week,like to see yours when you get it.CJ(how much for the sov?!).

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys well i just got a present from the UPS guy today, my JBJR :) All i can say is that if the JBJR works as good as it looks i should be very happy with it! For any of you thinking about purchasing one all i can say is i wouldnt worry. The unit came in 2 boxes, and it was all packaged very well, as much care went into the shipping as went into the welding and powdercoating. The fit and finish of this unit is on par with anything i have seen manufactured by any of the OPE vendors out there. I cant wait till the weekend to hook it all up and give it a try.

John-post some pics.I haven't ordered mine yet-was trying to decide between the sov and the ingersoll.leaning toward the latter-like to leave the deck on the sov all summer,and when I'm done with the tilling,the ingersoll has nothing to do until it's time to suck leaves,except split wood which I don't have to remove the JB to do.Also,I can get a bigger bucket.That one is $604.95 delivered.Waiting for your pics before I order! CJ (PS;so how much snow did you get total?-I just got done plowing about 3 wet inches with my sovereign).

John Scheele is a great guy, producing great products... There's no comparison of the quality of materials and construction of these items to those I've seen in any of the "box stores"....

cj here are some pics of the jbjr out of the box. I tryied to get in close so you could see the thickness of the materyal and the finish of the product. All i can say is that you will break the tractor before you will probably damage the jbjr. The hitch assy is really beefy, looks better than the stuff my trailer hitch is made of, and i tow a bobcat with that! I will post some pics of it on the machine and update you all with how the instalation went this weekend. Oh 1 more thing when i compared the jbjr to being "on par" with stuff i have seen from OPE vendors, i meant it in a totally complamentary way. I would say if i had to chose my words more carefully "equal to or better (in many respects) than somthing simplicity would put out. These things are really well put together, and the maker did not cheap-out on tha materyals at all. I would say your only problem with the jbjr is chosing what machine to get it for!! Why not see if you could buy a separate hitch for your sovereign and just use the same bucket i am sure that if it can be done john s will accomodate you, he is very easy to deal with.:D

Men, i recieved my jb last spring and can't say how much i'm pleased with it. It's on my 7116h and it does more than expected. Doing business with John was a pleasure.

guys Well i could'nt wait till the weekend to hook up the JBJR:D I decided to try it out on the new machine because it was in the shed that had electricity. Well as everyone said and as I expected the jbjr went together with minimal effort, total time about 35 40 min. The only thing left to do is to devise some rope guides, and to fine tune some of the adjustments. I will post some pics when i have some daylight. :D

John-did you order your JB using the phone# on the johnny bucket site? How do I contact the John you all are praising so highly...I want to order mine from him-I AM READY! CJ

Cool man-thanks for taking the time to clue me in-now I tell Mamma I am ready to take the plunge tomorrow-(while I rub the magic rings).CJ

BTW, in case anyone thinks these buckets might not be appropriate for use with your Simplicity -- check these pictures from the 1976 Simplicity Allied Attachments catalog -- they were approved by Simplicity and sold by Simplicity dealers... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/allied_atch/front_bucket.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/allied_atch/rear_bucket.jpg[/img] The rear one looks very similar to the Johnny Bucket....

cj you wont be disappointed, i couldnt wait to try it out so i pratciced on some snowbanks, using it on snow is a no no because there is no trip edge but i was very careful. i used the web when i orderd and also talked to john after the fact to make sure the info got to him. the only thing you have to do is make 1 measurement from the lift hole to the axle it shows you how from the jbjr page, below is just the text: How to measure for your lift link If you have a manual lift, put the lift lever all the way forward in it's last position notch. If it's hydraulic lift, run it till it hits it's forward stop. Measure from the top inside corner of the front axle to the center of the attachment lift lever's hole as seen below. Your measurement should be something like 18 1/2" or 21 1/8". Use this measurement for the order form. If you have two tractors with different lift link lengths and want to order the other style too. There is an extra space on the order form for this extra measurement. ps here is a pic from today that i took of the jbjr after i put it on the new machine last night. ps excuse the snow i couldn't resist poking around with it :D good luck cj john b

John, Good timing. At least you'll have two or three months before you start getting bugs in your teeth.:D Greg

so far soo good the jbjr does well moving 1/2 melted snow banks :D I installed the rope guides that came with the bucket tonight after work and moved some snow away from the house, the bucket works great I just wish the tractors hydro-lift had some more power :( it seems rather aneemic to me, but other than that i have no gripes at all

John-have you checked your hydraulic fluid level? Mine was almost a quart low when I got it,although there were no leaks.You have to pull up on the pressure relief valve(?) when you fill it-the manual explains it.That might make a difference for your "anemic" condition-also need to run full throttle for best lifting action.CJ

CJ you may be right there i will check it in the daylight, as a matter of fact where it was sitting for a while i have to check the BGB and rear end while i am at it, I have already replaced the oil with synthetic castrol. If the level is up i will try more rpm's as long as the neighbors dont mind it at 830 ish at night :D So what did you decide in your case are you going to order 1? john b

John-depending on the hours-(your's is new,right?)-you might want to let it get run in a while before using synthetic oil...CJ