Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

seat deck on 63 landlord

JimV

Hi Guys, I am looking to replace the seat deck on the 63landlord . I was wondering if a B1 seat deck is the same and if the later 101 seat deck are the same. It is a shame that I have to replace it seeing how it still has the tag on it but the metal on the wheel wells are worn through in spots from running it with loose bolts. thanks for any info. Jim V.

Jim, Unless I'm mistaken there are differences in how the seat deck is supported underneath by mounts that bolt onto the transmission. This is from memory, but I don't think the B-1 or Model 700 seat decks that I have are exactly the same as those on my Big Tens. If you can't find one closer, I have one off a Big Ten that's in reasonably good shape, as i recall....

It wouldn't take much to weld it back up. I did it to one a while back and it came out real well. Were do you live? I'll do it if your local.

Hi kent, does that seat deck flare out like the early landlord?If so I might be interested in buying it. Hi Rich, I am in Rhode Island, I would love to see some pics , Mine wore out right at the point of the corner of the tire, I guess I could build it up from the back side and blend it in. I also have to look at the steering play on her.Thanks for the fast reply guys. Jim

Jim, Unless I'm mistaken the 9HP Landlords through 2012s used the same seat deck as this one on a Big Ten... Here's the picture of one of the two that I have -- I need to keep one of them... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/2_into_1/front_grille_small.jpg[/img]

Jim, I have a MIG welder if you want to try a fix. Or I could try to fix it for you, either before you decide to replace it or after, just to see if it can be saved. You can see the sheet metal repair I did on the engine shroud to the 2012 restoration project. I'm just over the line from RI, a bit closer than Rich.

Kirk and Rich, thanks for offering to help me out on the welding but after looking at how dinged up the fenders are I think I am going to get in touch with kent about buying the seat deck he has. I will put the original one in storage for now. Take care and have a good new year. Jim