Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY

roma3112

HI guys Well for those of you whom I have been chatting back and forth with in my recent posts in regards to getting a new or older machine well I finally bit the bullet and brought home the 2k sovereign today. By the time we got back it was too dark and cold to test drive it too much, all i can tell you so far is boy is power steering nice :D The dealer threw in the brand new hitch Assy for the blower so tomorrow i think i will be doing that. Just got back from the local wholesale club got a few cases of WW-fluid for the tires so if i can fill those and get the deck off and blower hooked up i think i will be doing well. Time permitting i will try to dig up some wheel weights from my parts 3112 i got out back. thanks to all who answerd my questions and helped me out over the last week or so ps i will try to upload a pic of her that i just took as well. john b

Looks good have fun. That basic design was in their line for well over thirty years. It looks like you have a machine for life.

John, Did you get that from Norm @ Stone's power equipment. If so he's a wealth of knowledge of all simplicity tractor and a great guy to blow a couple of hours talking.

CJ, I think he meant that it's a 2000 year model, one of the last ones made -- and I certainly doubt he got it for $2000 -- if so, where do I find one? I'm jealous, even if it does have running boards....

After discontinuing the soverign line,I think Simplicity made a mistake,I'd love to have a late model like that.Lets face it,they last,that's why this site can talk about 30 something year old tractors.

Good deal John! Nice looking tractor,not a lot different from my 1991 17GTH-L in looks. This one should be with you a while too. Did you get any leads on the rear lift kit? Enjoy John! Larry

HI GUYS sorry for not keeping up with all your posts was a long day, had to part deliver the tractor i sold to make room for this one and 10 other errands as it was i gased up the new machine and waxed it and took the pic and put it to bed. :D KENT you are right again i only wish it was $2,000 to ans ya question cj i gave up 6,300 for her, believe me i tryied to go for under 6 but the gentlemen wouldnt budge, Nahhrwoldt I did get it from norm @ stones and i agree with you he has forgotten more than many of us here know about these tractors. Heres the scoop on norm for those of you who who dont know him, I am guessing he is in his late 70's never married he is basically a 1 man operation and he has been a dealer for almost 40 years, and he is still enthuiastic about the brand and honest about their shortcomings and yes he can talk for hours about these old and new tractors. Mabee i could have found some unit out there like this a few hundred cheaper but if you throw in the fact that i can go back to a good dealer if i ever had a problem its cheap insurance. Kind of going on what MPH said i hope the grandkids do like it because i am sure they will enjoy this one and the 3112h. You know its kind of funny when you think that the person whom may get these tractors from me some day is not even born yet LOL Well i have rambled on enough for those of you who have read through to the end of this post thanks for the kind words, more to come as i get this thing geared up for the snow

congrats John-you get what you pay for-(unless it's green,then you pay for more than you get).I can see the deck is different than mine-you may have the one with the blowout problem(see OHV/OHC post),if so,they make some kind of kit that is supposed to rectify that.My sov tends to pull a lot of chaff and dust up on the muffler when the grass is dry-(my 7112 did that also)-resulting in smoking&burning if I don't keep after it.Also notice the kohler air filter gets dirty much faster than the briggs.However,my deck(regency?)cuts great and blows the grass out the side with no problem.I will try to post this pic of the underside of my deck(with moldboard plow in front)exactly per the instructions I rec'd from the norwegian-so if it doesn't work you can blame him!).have fun with the new toy,John!...CJdogman[img]http://www.[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=dogman&file=1241"]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

Dogman, The recurring problems that you are having with posting pictures MAY be because of the camera that you are using. Some cameras do not specify the dimensions (i.e. size in pixels) of the picture in the header information of the .jpg file when they record the picture. Consequently, the site doesn't know how to display it and it shows up as a download icon instead of showing the picture itself. You may want to try opening the picture in some type of photo editing software (there's some free ones linked in the Resources section or discussed in other topics here). Then save the file, and the photo editing software should record the correct header information and it should then display O.K. One other person was having this problem, and this solved it for them... Kent

CJ go to this site and get this photo editor. It is very easy to use if you have any Questions about it just ask i will try to help. [url]http://www.irfanview.com/[/url]