Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bigcountry

Progress Report after 1 day

bigcountry
Well, my 4211H project is in progress, but not as well as I had hoped for. Yesterday, I tried to jump it off with a Murray and a Craftsman, and it wouldn't turn over but one or 2 times and quit and the solenoid would start clicking. But today I hooked it up to my John Deere and the thing turned over really easy, no solenoid clicking. But it didn't sound like it was getting any gas. I didn't smell any coming out either. So tomorrow I'm going to pull the carb and clean it up good and see if that does the trick. It had been sitting for about 4 months since it was last run, so I think the jets could have sludged up in that time. Just wanted to let y'all know that I like this site, it is very informative, and you folks are friendly, too, except for the anti-John Deere stuff.

UCD
bigcountry Well I don't really know how to take that as I was the only one that said anything about John Deere and it was all in fun. This is the best garden tractor site there is. It might take a little while but the guys here will answer all Questions on any make if they have the knowledge & info. No predigest here.

bigcountry
That's ok--no harm taken. My view (in most cases) is this: If it has a motor, it's worth tinkerin' with. I enjoy working on most machinery. I've just grown up around John Deeres. It is very rare around where I live to see anything else except older Internationals/Farmalls. I am glad that there are people out there who choose to own/work on/play with something different. I have just gotten around to something different now--glad there is plenty of support for new owners here.

bigcountry
I went to attempt to crank it today, and all it did was backfire every now and then and once or twice it almost cranked, but as soon as I released the key, it would quit. I was trying to determine if I need to clean out the bowl and needle and jets. So, tomorrow, I'm gonna go further into it than I got today. Hopefully with a little work it'll be back in service soon.