Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

$5.00 landlord

G.Kiebler

I picked up a 101 landlord at a auction several weeks back for 5 bucks.I was late getting to the sale and it had already went thru. I asked around to see what it brought,and to my surprise nobody bid on it.I asked the auctioneer if I could place a $ 5.00 bid on it,and within 30 seconds it was mine. Motor smokes some,bgb is good,trans had @ $300 of work done @3 years ago.42" deck was in excellent shape, and I have a line on a snow blower and numerous other attachments for the tractor.Needs front tires bad,rotted to the rims:D

I did have to put a carb kit in it,one of the worst (dirty)carbs I'd ever seen.I did soak the cylinder with trans fluid for a week,heard this would free stuck rings.Don't know how long it had set out in the weather.the longer it ran, the worse it smoke.

You might try pouring some rislon down the carb while its running. It'll really smoke while your doing it, but if the rings have old hard carbon on them it might free them up. Made a 16 hp gilson with a BAD knock run better then anything I have going now..MPH

Helluva find! Good for you. I can never find those deals. With MY LUCK; I'D GO OUTSIDE AND IT WAS RAINING SUPERMODELS,AND I'D GET HIT IN THE HEAD WITH ERNEST BORGNINE!