Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydro lift

aokpops

I JUST INSTALLED THE HYDRAULIC LIFT SYSTEM FROM A 7117 HYDRO(WITH A BLOWN MOTOR)ON MY 7117 WITH THE STANDARD MANUAL LIFT. WHEN I WAS FINISHED,I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM,NO LIFT! I REFERRED TO MY PARTS MANUAL(DOWNLOADED OFF OF THE SIMPLICITY WEB SITE!)AND FOUND THAT THE CHARGE PUMPS ON THE MANUAL AND HYDRAULIC VERSIONS HAD DIFFERENT PART NUMBERS SO I REPLACED MINE(VERY EASY-2 BOLTS)WITH THE ONE FROM THE JUNK TRACTOR. STILL NO LIFT!!! THEN,AS MENTIONED BY THE MODERATOR,I CHANGED THE RELIEF VALVE,BASICALLY THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE SPRING IS MUCH SHORTER FOR THE HYDRAULIC LIFT THAN THE ONE THAT COMES ON A TRACTOR WITH MANUAL LIFT(AS MINE WAS)THAT DID THE TRICK!!!!!!IT WORKS GREAT-LIFTS MY FRONT MOUNTED SNOWBLOWER WITH EASE!!!

I ran into the same thing last summer. I didn't change pumps, just exchanged the spring in the relief valve. Has been working well. I may be wrong and hope someone will correct me if I am, but I assume that the only difference in the pumps is that the hydraulic lift pump has a larger displacement. Pat

Is my thinking on this straight, do you only have lift power with the clutch out? I have that 7114 hydro to get going in the spring and would like to put a hydraulic lift on it, too.

Kirk, if your getting your lift power off the hydro tranny pump you are correct. My one disapointment on the 4040. Could be a mental thing with me cuz when I was in about jr high dad put a 'live' pump on the Farmall H, it was SOOOOOOOOO modern. Scared me for life. MPH

I will give the relief value a try . let everyone know how it works . This is a good site for fast an good advice . Thanks Pops.