Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tuned up,chained up and ready to go

MPH

Got the 4040 dialed in, 'i hope' new tranny fluid and filter, points,plugs and timed. Working starter, chains and blade. Couple questions I developed in the process of workin on the ole girl. It takes 8 sec to raise the blade 9 1/2 inches, is that slow or about rt.? Engine spped is 3350rpm. Should it be able to lift the front of the tractor off the ground??I have a new cyl on it and it does not bleed down over night. Is it normal to have to remove the rt fender to get the hydro filter off?? seemed a little strange. And who wants to kick me for forgetting to put the heat pad on the engine while I had it out..Tanks..MPH

As I read though posts a couple more questions came to mind, guess I need to take notes when I think about stuff. What front tires do those of you lucky enough to have loaders run?? Mine are ready to blow about any moument. What other attachments use the sub-frame for the blade? Looks to be three other mounting staps with hole in varies configurations. After I get the 725 engine rebuild I hope to have enough winter left to mount a Johnny bucket type scoop on that subframe. Is it strong enough??Thanks again..MPH

Marty Simplicity offered a high capacity 6x9 front tire. I believe that was for tractors using front loaders. I am using the agricultural tires with my loader, so far, they are holding up to the task. The blade sub-frame appears to be the same frame that was also used for the 52" snowthrower. I would have to guess that my blade on the 9020 raises in less than 4 seconds. I'm glad to see that you have that gal running once again.

Thanks for the tire info Ben. Inspite the fact it dropped to 25 below over nite I had to go play today. On 3 acers I knew I could find some snow the 112 missed, I did, man 3rd gear, full hydro is like mach 4 compared to the B-112. The lift got slower the longer I was out, little over an hour. snow was old crusty stuff thats been rained on and snowed on top of. Not really fun stuff to play in. As to being a beauty, thanks guys, but sometimes its nice to have a cheap camera, the orange paint needs a fair bit of TLC..MPH