Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow blower ?

Magoo

Hello all I was just wondering which blower works better. I have the older style blower and was wondering if i could upgrade to a 42" blower on my 3012. And if it would have enough power. It works good with the one I have now but the the tractor is almost as wide as the blower. I do quite a big area. Plus I also see they have made a few changes on them. Thanks Guy

The 42" blowers would work fine on your machine. They were marketed for the larger 12hp tractors back then. I like them way better than the 36" blowers for , like you commented, they are substantially wider than the tractor. The 42 will take more power to run than the 36 but just slow the ground speed down to compensate. I have a 42 here to sell if we would ever get snow here...

I have two 42" blowers, one was originally with a 7016 and the other was for a B-Series as it was originally painted yellow. There is a difference, the one for the B-Series is one inch shorter, probably due to the fact that the 7000 series had bigger longer hoods and the extra inch was needed to keep the chute from hitting the tractor hood. Anyway, this creates a belt sizing issue. I run both of mine from center PTO and decided to keep the belts the same for ease of replacement, I had the hitch modified(lengthened) to keep the standard belt tight. 12 horse is plenty of power for the 42", simplicity makes great equipment, just look at these pictures and tell me which blower will handle heavy snow better?

The first blower is a jacobsen. Notice how shallow the auger flighting is. It is my belief that THIS is where the MYTH originates that tractor mount blowers wont handle heavy snow. Deeres arent a whole lot better.

I have a 42" snow blower on my AC B-12,now has a 16 hp engine in the tractor.I have used the 42" snow blower once this winter all ready,handles snow very good with a 16 hp engine driving the snow blower.:D The snow blower came with my AC HB-112 tractor. Karl

Yea, their pretty, and fast with the hydros, easy to operate with the power lifts, but I still miss my B-112. I never should have sold that tractor. Notice the paint chipping off on the auger, showing the primer. Do you think I throw a few rocks? I dont normally heat my garage so I will wait until late spring and do a re-paint.

Thanks for all the information. Is there model numbers that I have to stick with. or do they innerchange all through the years.Guy

MPH, I don't know what its worth, but I'd like to see $200 out of it. I have sold the newer 36" ones for the 7100 series tractors for as much as $350, so I think the price is in the park. Kinda hard to sell them locally without any snow to motivate buyers though..

Sam,Hmmm, planning on going down to Nebr last half of jan to see my aging mom. Maybe I should save my airline miles for an emegcy and fire the ole Dodge down the Alcan. Sure would like to have a 42 incher for the B-112, then I could leave my bad boy meats on the rear year around..MPH

Well, If you did, I guarentee you would hold the driving distance record by my buyers. Current record is held by a gentleman from Long Island New York.

My snowblower #2, which is on Agco #1, and came off of a Simplicity 7016 with front PTO, is model #1690032. It has a new style used hitch which I bought from Al Eden and I sold the old hitch along with a Honda snowblower I bought at auction. I still have the Honda hitch if anybody wants it, might cost you a six-pack though. The blower on Agco #2 was originally a yellow AC, so I do not have a model number.

Kinda off subject, but, Sam, speaking of driving records, think my oldest son is tring to set one. He left NM the 19th, got here the 22nd, 3600 miles, went to Anch to his sis's for Christmas, traveled to Seward one day and Valdez the next. site seeing with his buddy, got back to Tok last nite with my daughters, 5900 miles latter. Of this time his car spent 2 days in my shop getting new cv joints. Can't figure where he got that blood..MPH