Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

Hydro lift removal from 2210

thedaddycat
Here are a few pics of the removal process, taking a hydraulic lift from a 2210 for my 2012. Sorry there's not any text to start with, but I just spent over an hour on this same post and had the server lost on me when I tried to post it, which it obviously never did. this is the third time I've lost big posts, so I'll post pics first and edit in the text later...... Here the dash is loose, though wiring and the choke and throttle cables hold it to the tractor. I could not get the steering shaft out no matter what I tried. I ended up cutting it with a recip. saw, though the scribe marks assure easy alignment when I weld it back up.

I cut the nut off the back side of the bracket, leaving the bracket, clip and throttle cable intact.

The engine's locked up so I couldn't roll the belt off by rotating it. I cut and saved the belt, having planned on using a new one anyhow. The front cylinder pin is the only thing holding the top half of the tractor on.

Pull the pin and off it comes.

Three flange nuts hold the pump, tand and valve on as a unit.

Notice the shorter lift shaft used with the hydro lift.

Here's the 2210 with the 2012 in the background, under the "seat" for the Putt-Putt. Sorry I couldn't get the first post through guys. It had a lot more info and detail to it, but I wasn't going to go through all that twice. My neck's getting stiff already from looking at the puter while watching the Jets demolish the Packers.... The TV's on the other side of the room behind me and I have to keep turning around to watch all the touchdowns.....