Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

winter fun?

JohnnyRotten

For the last couple of weeks you guy have been talking alot about moving snow. We don't get a whole lot of the white stuff in South Jersey anymore. Heck, I just got around to picking up the leaves today (keep telling the warden you can't rush into this kind of thing, but she doesn't buy it) Anyway, pulled the old iron out (B112) of the shop, fixed the pto, filled the leaky bgb, filled the oil, checked the gas and hooked up the homebrewed lawn vac. After 4 or 5 hours, dirty, dusty and half deaf, I blew her off and put it away. All I want to know is when does all this fun begin?? At least the other half is happy the leaves are up. [img]uploaded/JOhnnyRotten/leafmachine1.jpg[/img]

John, the fun might begin after you put some old chunck of foam on that seat. 4 -5 hours on that piece of iron be enough to give a man an additude..Like the "fill the oil, check the gas"..MPH

The problem with this one seems to be that the picture needs cropped -- all that wide white border is actually stored in the picture....
much better now!

Hay dont feel bad . Here in grand haven Michigan we have no snow eather . We have rain on the way. Have a happery new year . tony

John, Be carefull what you wish for. It isnt much better in Minnesota, the last few days its been in the upper 30s, what little we had is melting. Ive got a little pent up snow frustration myself. cool leaf vac. Doug

Hey guys, Take it easy on JohnnyRotten. Nobody even welcomed him to our club. If John has a sore butt, it could be your fault. John had a beautiful late model Simplicity with a comfortable padded seat. It even had a hydro transmission and luxurious running boards. But, John gave it to me. Perhaps John believed the hype from the FDT guys in this club. So, now John is bumping around his yard, sitting on a piece of wood, and dragging his feet. Should I feel guilty turning a key to start my inertia starter Kohler engine, while John pushes a button (that went out of style in the 1930’s) to engage some sort of belt contraption off a 1950’s generator to start a flat head Briggs? How about when John struggles with a non-synchronized manual transmission? How about John’s really quaint belt and pulley contraption that passes for a center PTO? If John’s happy, I’m ecstatic. Hope you FDT guys are proud of yourselves.

Us, proud of ourselves? ... sounds like you may have been the one to KNOWINGLY take advantage of your friend, Dutch! And now you're "gloating" over it.... ;)

Kent, Your "liberal" side is showing. Trying to shift your sins onto an innocent person like me. Shame on you. I feel like George Bush.

Kent, the longer I have the 3310 the more I think the 3300 series is the best all around. It has some of the nicest features of both the older and newer tractors all in one package.

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
... that "Belt and pulley contraption that passes for a center PTO" in on one of my RBTs(3310) too......
I know. The cone clutch wasn't perfected at the time the 3300 series were introduced. Exactly how do you operate center & rear implements independently at the same time with one of those "belt and pulley contraptions"?

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Those belts and idlers are certainly cheaper to replace than a $70 cone clutch ...
Oh, really? The last time I checked, the moving parts (that were still available) for that "belt and pulley contraption" far exceeded $100. The cone clutch should outlast me, so I'll let the next owner worry about the $70.

Do you guys beleive how bad Dutch took advantage of me and than has the nerve to rub it in. Actually I couldn't stand to see him struggling with his "it's a good tractor" craftsman any longer. Gave him the simplicity, got him hooked and I don't think his lovely wife has forgiven me yet.

John, No wonder you didn't even get a "welcome" here. Look what you started...... Friend against friend, name calling, wild allegations. Why don't you join the Kubota club? You qualify! Or, have you worn out your welcome there?

quote:
Exactly how do you operate center & rear implements independently at the same time with one of those "belt and pulley contraptions"
It's really pretty simple, Dutch. You use one pin (part 8) and one key (part 2) and install one of these when you need to use your rear attachment like a tiller... or for a vac, it has the clutch built in. And you don't have to hassle with an extra set of pulleys to keep the belts from rubbing your hydro filter, either.... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/parts/2029905.JPG[/img]

John, I never denied I was "hard to like", but my wife hasn't called me "rotten" lately. We better knock it off. Some of these guys may take us serious. Most of these guys are mild mannered gentlemen. Bet few of them ever threatened a gangster's kid, or threw an iron worker off a roof.

nope, not tkaing the bait... I've lurked on this site so long I think I've got a good handle on how the regulars think. So I'll be real nice. btw Kent, you do a great job with this site dispite whatever Dutch says

Kent, Take it easy.... You're starting to stutter and double post. Okay, let's look at this situation rationally.
quote:
It's really pretty simple, Dutch. You use one pin (part 8) and one key (part 2) and install one of these when you need to use your rear attachment like a tiller... or for a vac...
Not bad. Doesn't sound too hard. How long does that take? I only have to flip a lever while I sit in the seat.
quote:
it has the clutch built in.
Oh, yeh..... almost forgot. Those old attachments needed separate clutches. Isn't that even more parts that wear out?
quote:
And you don't have to hassle with an extra set of pulleys to keep the belts from rubbing your hydro filter, either....
I guess not..... most of those old FDTs didn't even have hydros. As for an RBT, I don't know what you mean. My 7012 has a remote mount filter...... no belt rubbin' there. Does the belt look like it's rubbin' the filter on the Sovereign?