Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Honest, I only went to pull the 19D

MPH
Not sure what happened today, decided to get the 19D outta the 725 so its ready to go to Fairbanks to the machine shop next time I go and my wrenches took control. here what I ended up with...MPH Think the site of this rust under the battery had a serios effect.

before long it looked like this

My bench took on this look

But this was all I was after

I found a light center punch msrk and just the tip of an 1/8 inch drill bit in the center of the shafts made all the lift arms and clutch come off real easy with a pulley puller..MPH

MPH
Doug, Plan??? I donno know, it just fell apart. Think I'll give Woodies rust remover a good test on the battery holder and parts that were under it, and on the seat pan if I can come up with a shallow pan. The rest is not rusted to bad, the front bearings are in good shape and the steering bushing ar pretty tight, very tight compared to what I found in the B 112. The drive end of the BGB has the slightest amount of movment and the rear end needs new seals but not sure I'm going there right now. Wanna get to building a scoop for the 4040 before I run outta winter. Had to get the 19D rebuild done as its my tiller and plow tractor and the rust under the battery just had to get delt with so I don't lose the girl to natural causes. Squirt can paint job for sure. Anyone have a safe way to remove them clips that hold the emblems on the hood so they are reuseable, I normally break 'em..Thanks.MPH