Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Jeff_L

Help identifying Allis-Chalmers lawn tractor

Jeff_L
Hi, I am helping my mother-in-law move from Ohio out to California to live nearer to my wife and myself. We are setting up a sale of items that she will not need in CA. This includes an AC lawn tractor which I think dates from the early 80s though no one is really sure. I am trying to figure out exactly what model it is and how much it might be worth. Here are the particulars that I know: It looks pretty much like the T-800 pictures shown on this page. It has an Kolher engine of I think 12hp. The engine turns over and will start up with starting fluid, but will not continue to run (maybe, a carb or fuel pump issue, I haven't had a chance to diagnos it further). I have not been able to find any sort of id plate (I figure there should be one somewhere on there). Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Also if anyone out there is interested in buying the tractor themselves please send me an email. The tractor is in Middleburg heights OH (southwest of Cleveland, right off I-71). Thanks and happy new year, Jeff

thedaddycat
If you could post a pic that would be a huge help.

Jeff_L
Daddycat, Wish I could post a photo, I am little technologically challenged out in here in OH. Any sense of where I might find a serial number or other identifying markings? Jeff

goatfarmer
Are there any numbers on the hood,like 712,912,etc? Round or square headlites? Or no headlites? Original model # tag "should" be located in front of the seat,or on the lower part of the dashboard. what's a ballpark asking price?

bigcountry
Can you ship it, if you find a buyer?

Jeff_L
A longer discussion with my mother-in-law indicates that the tractor may be older than she had at first indicated. I now think it is more likely early 1970s. It has square headlights. I will try to get back to it today to check again for an id tag. I am trying to get an idea about value. I dont really have a sense. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to ship it. It will be part of an liquidation sale that starts tomorrow. If you have any interest and live close enough to Cleveland, I would be happy to provide the particulars of the sale. thanks, Jeff

Jeff-try looking in the gallery and other places on this site,and compare the pictures to what you have-remember to look at all the tractors made by the same company,essentially.For example-your tractor could be the same as a 7112 simplicity.Find what looks closest to it,and that will narrow it down.CJ

BLT
Go to this website :http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php Then type in this number: 1690437 Dowload all three manuals and look thru them to see if you can get a clue. You just might. Also if it has sqaure or rectangular built in (in the hood) headlights, they were introduced in the late 70's.