Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

good start to the new year

tractormike

My wife and I just got back from a tractor run. I found an ad that kent had put on for a b-1 complete for 200.00. I called the guy and he was moving south today and needed to sell the tractor. It was about 150 miles away but went to look at it. We found an original B-1 in running condition with a 42 inch deck. After hearing it run we loaded it up on the trailer and it followed us home. It needs paint,decals, and a seat but otherwise seems to be in very good shape for being 40 years old. My wife even liked the tractor!!!!!!!!! On the way home we were talking about my other simplicities, a 728 just about done and a 707 that is in parts. My wife would like one done for her so it looks like she will get the 707 when it is done. If I get buzy maybe all three will be done in time for rhienlander wi this summer. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!! mike

Congratulations Mike, I'm glad someone snatched that deal up! Plus, you got to spend some quality time with your wife. Our hobby wouldn't exist without the spouse's participation. Steve

Good deal Mike. Glad to see you get another good tractor. Steve re. spouse involvement, you are so right. When I bought the 17GTH-L Eva thought it was an oversized lawnmower. After a while of using it she decided it was a lot more.(note: Eva grew up on a Farmall SuperA so she knows tractors) She helped me find the 3012 I'm going through now. The only problem is now she claims the 17GTH as hers!!! Larry

quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
The only problem is now she claims the 17GTH as hers!!!
Obviously, Eva is an intelligent woman for selecting the RBT.

You beat me to it Mike!! I was going to run up north this weekend and snag the old girl. It looked good? The guy emailed me pics and it looked straight (minus the grill & seat). Did it have some sort of cultivator on it too? Congrats!

Herb Eva's attraction to the RBT is purely logic to her; Hydro drive and hydraulic lift. plus she likes the sound of the Kohler twin! Larry

John, The picture he was sending out was not of the one he had for sale. When I called him he said he had gotten that picture from another web site and posted that as it was the same model as the one he had for sale. This one has the original rear tires on it,not the bar tread ones in the picture. The paint is not as good, mainly because he started to sand it down. He did paint the air cleaner cover but that was it. It came with a 42 inch mower deck but no cultivator like in the picture. I was a little worried that when I decided to drive to look at it it would be a pile of junk but he said it was all complete except for the seat. When I saw it, it was in better shape than I thought it would be in and after hearing it run pretty good I figured it was worth it. I have fixed up much worse looking tractors before. I just can not pass up a challenge. Mike