Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hydrostatic oil ?

ajbjeep

Can i use muti-purpose hydraulic/transmission or do i have to buy the oil from simiplicity.It says in owners manual to use simplicity muti-purpose hydraulic/trensmission fluid,type f atf,duetz allis power fluid.My fluid is clear and i have bought the $5.00 a qt. simplicity oil,but would rather buy oil at better price. thanks Aaron

Which tractor? Here's the Simplicity Lube chart: http://www.simpletractors.com/service/lube_pg2.htm I'm using Dextron ATF that I bought at my local Agway in my Sundstrand hydro (from an Allis 716H)....

Kent, This is a 1987 Duetz Allis 914h.I sure that if its hydro oil,i can buy at the local parts store.I just want to make sure before i make a mistake.This is clear oil+not red like atf. thanks, Aaron

I think type F was Ford's version of ATF. THats all pretty much the same now. Mercon and Dexron I think come out the same container today.

Don't really know what difference it makes, as long is it is a good hydraulic oil. For the same Sundstrand that is in the Sovreign series, I have seen different tractor manufacturers recommending Dexron, Type F, standard hydraulic oil, and, of course, the manufacturer's name brand. Pat

Aaron, I refilled the Eaton hydro on a Deutz Allis 616H with the same standard hydraulic/transmission fluid I use on my full size tractor. It improved the responsiveness of the transmission, which had been sluggish prior to the refill. That was over three years ago and it is still running fine. Pat

When I first got my 7012, the hydro worked fine and was dry. The correct manual purchased directly from Simplicity specified ATF. When I changed the oil & filter, the hydro had clear hydraulic oil in it. I obeyed the manual and refilled with ATF. Within a few days the hydro started leaking. Coincidence? Other Simplicity literature calls for hydraulic oil. Another calls for Simplicity brand multi-purpose oil for the same hydro. Which is "correct"? Who knows..............

Thanks guys went to the local simplicity shop and bought the oil. I guess i have not to worry about what else would work.It was $3.95 a qt.,I think i posted earlier it was $5.00. Thanks, Aaron