Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower belt

ReedS

Well I finally shredded my blower belt in the fine mess that mother nature left us this morning 3"sleet,1' snow and an 1" of slush on the bottom good thing I have 2 tractors did most of the work with blade on the 9hp. Here's the question.... in ST I looked up the attachment,found the parts breakdown have the belt part# (2026499)belt#106769. Am tring to find the length of the belt because the chances of finding the Simplicity belt before it snows again (tommorrow) is probably slim and none (slim's out town which leaves none). I figure any belt will be better than none. Anyway back to my problem.. I checked the belt info charts so nicely posted by Maynard but can't find the info I need. Oh yeah It's the single belt drive blower. I know that at least one of you will know. Thanks [img]uploaded/reeds/dscnm0006.jpg[/img]

The 106769 belt is a 1/2" belt, 56.1 inches long. The belt reference on Simple trACtors gives the lengths. The link won't work, but if you'll search Simple trACtors with that part number, it'll bring up the appropriate page of the Belt reference... If I were you, I'd order a Simplicity belt at the same time, then use the one you buy tomorrow as a spare. I've not had much luck with Gates Green belts on my snowblower since in has to make so many turns, while running at high speed. If it ever turns over once, it'll tear apart.... Yes, this morning was a mess. I still had my blade on, and used it... now they're saying perhaps 6"-12" tomorrow night. Hope it's snow, instead of this slush....

Thanks Kent, I planned on calling Charlie over Brookfield in the am and yes I planned on the napa belt being the spare and yes they are calling for snow instead of the garbage we got this am. And you know what they say about having too much info at your finger tips..... I forgot that I could do a search using the part # Mutliple lashes with a wet noodle. Aghhhhhh!:D

reed how far are you from harvard mass? i am fairly sure that the guy i got my new machine from may have your belt. The name of the place is stones power equipment and it is in harvard mass. It is off of route 2 exit 38b to be specific, hopefully you are close enough to him unfortunately i am not sure where w brookfield is good luck john b

No problem, Reed. How about a nice, slushy, icy snowball down the back instead of wet noodles? We've both got plenty of it, I'll bet.... ;)

Alright Kent, I surrender!!!!!!! Twice???? John.... Harvard is just a wee bit out of my way for a belt but thanks for the info and your probably right about him having 1 on the shelf. Maybe I'll get lucky tommorrow who knows!!!!! ^

Reed also look here. That where Maynard posted them. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11662&SearchTerms=belts

Bob I did look at that post in shop talk but either there's a number change somewhere or I really neeed my glasses:) Thanks