Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wheel bearings on ac620

cuda70

while tearing down ac620 for new engine an power steering i decided to repack front wheel bearings.in doing so i noticed the dust cover was same size as most boat trailers.so being in the boat repair business i went into parts room an got a set of bearing buddys size 1.980" an low an behold it fit purfect.so now no more taking off wheels or hubs to repack bearings. cost $10.25. just a thought for all guys with tractors like this, plus bearing buddys come in all different sizes.it sure cuts down on a lot of work.

Being in the fishing resort business, I am familiar with bearing buddies. However some folks may not be. Please post more description and maybe a pic or two. Great idea!! This is what this site is all about. I am going to put bearing buddies on my AC. Thanks Larry! Dan

[img]http://www.bearingbuddy.com/graphics/bb_small_header.gif[/img] copied from instruction manual:.... BEARING AND SEAL INSPECTION Remove hubs and check the bearings before installing Bearing Buddy®. Replace bearings if they are damaged, rusted, or pitted. Clean old grease and contaminants out of the hubs. Check the condition of the inner seals. Be sure they are new, top quality, and running on a smooth spindle sealing surface. IMPORTANT: As you reassemble the components, fill the hubs completely with a high quality, multipurpose, no.2 grade lubricant (e.g., the type used for automotive suspensions). Don't use heavy, fibrous greases; don't mix grease types.