Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loaders for aBIG TEN Allis chalmers

I would like to know if L-10 or the L-12 will fit on this tractor. And do thay still make this type of loader. If not does any one know where to get a set of plans on how to bulid this loader. Im checking the sites that are on page 9 under the topic loader. thanks chris New MEMBER

Chris, I bought cad plans off ebay in early dec.They are very complete. I am in the process of completing my loader from these plans.I don't have the web adress as it is at work.I could get for you on monday.I payed about $23.00 shipped from canda. Thanks,Aaron

Aaron thanks for the reply. Comeing to find out there is cadplans corpation here in VA I have ther phone number and web addres. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP Chris

Chris, The L-10 was sold with it, and the newer L-12 would fit it. This subject has been discussed at length many times here. If you'll use the Search the Forums function under the Discussions menu, click the option to search the archives, and search for "loader plans" you'll find two pages of topics with a LOT of good ideas, tips, etc. IMO, if you don't also build a subframe, you'll break your tractor...

Kirk, Here's the drawings for the rear cross-bar mount for the subframe, BUT they won't fit a tractor with the standard 3-speeed, only the variable speed or hydro. The 3-speed used different rear mounts: http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/rear_loader_mount.htm You can see the differences in the Owner/Parts manual for the Simplicity 515 (L-12 equivalent) at this link. There were two different mounting kits: http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/515_loader/front_loader_515.htm

Um, does the Johnny bucket pose a similar problem as far as stressing the gear box? Or am I missing something? It appears the problem is adding weight to the front raises the rear, thereby stressing the center weak point. Kind of like a teeter-totter, with the FEL pulling the rear of the tractor up over the fulcrum (front wheels). Steve

Kirk (thedaddycat) broke a chunk out of his BGB's lower mounting bolt hole, using a Johnny Bucket.... Personally I don't think most people would put undue stress on the BGB if they use the Johnny Bucket the way it was intended -- to scoop, lift, haul and spread loose material. I'm not suggesting that Kirk was abusing his tractor, but like me, I think he was using it harder than most would use their Johnny Bucket. That said, ANY attachment other than perhaps a mower deck or grader blade (i.e. midmount, pulled by front axle) puts stress on the tractor.... IMO, a loader puts much more stress on the tractor for several reasons: 1. They're rated to lift 300 lbs 5 feet in the air. A Johnny bucket will lift a little over 200 lbs less than one foot in the air. 2. The Johnny Bucket puts the weight much closer to the front of the tractor -- not far out in front. Note that the Simplicity/Allis loaders actually fit "tighter" up to the front of the tractor than some of the aftermarket ones like Johnson, etc. 3. The loader requires a weight box on the back, with up to 300 lbs in that weight box to offset the load in the bucket. 4. The lift arms on the loader actually place the weight/stress of the load slightly behind the footrests on the tractor, while a Johnny bucket puts the weight/stress under the front axle itself. Etc., etc.

Kent, it seems like the grader blade would also stress the tractor's bgb. Since the rear wheels are pushing the remainder of the tractor, it seems this would tend to push up on the middle of the tractor when dragging a belly blade.

Steve, if you have the advantage of a Foot dragger style tractor your able to use your booted feet to put wt on the grader blade, thus relieving that stress. Can only feel bad for those poor souls who must hang wts on the edge of thier grader blades so they can operate in tennies...Actully, thing all the stress of the grader blade is on the front axle hitch points, on either vintage of tractor..MPH

The JBJr. will lift about 300 pounds, especially if you have it counterbalanced and have a power lift. I was using the factory counterweight on my extension along with two collar weights. I had the bucket loaded as full as I could get it and I had to pull hard enough on the trip rope to unlatch the bucket that I wore it right through where it passes through the loop. When I ordered my JBox I talked to John about my experiences with the JBJr. and suggested a longer trip arm for better leverage(lower effort) and using a pulley instead of the loop to reduce wear on the trip rope. These are improvements I will be making to mine in the future. I also discussed some ideas I had for when I get the JBox, including making an adaptor that fits where the rippers go so I can attach Dutch's serrated grader blade to the box and let the weight push the blade down. Thanks for your generous understatement, Kent. I was pushing it about as hard as you could. You've seen my solution, 3/16" plates running from the lift mount points all the way back to the tranny, and cross plates where the BGB mounts to the frame....

I thought I was the only one who ever found new and creative ways to use his tractor for purposes other than what the manufacturer intended. :D Two years ago, our GMC Astro mini-van "died" when we were on the way home from a shopping trip with the kids. I don't know what happened to the van, but the engine siezed right up solid all-of-a-sudden. Anyway, we were about 1/2 mile from home so we walked the rest of the way. My wife picked up the phone to call a tow truck when I came in from the garage with my coveralls and a chain and said "let's go". You can probably guess the rest... Towed it the entire 1/2 mile home with the 7014. It grunted a bit on the slight uphill grade, but we got it home.

The deciding factor on buying mine was watching the guy pull a double axle trailer full of junk across his yard. Probably the best time I've had at a yard sale. :D