Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
COLETRAIN

leaky carb

COLETRAIN
help, i have a 1970 2210 w/ a 10 hp briggs and my carb wont stop leaking. i got a carb rebuild kit with all the gaskets & needle valve but this did not help. i would appreciate any help or personel experience you have had. thanks

dirtsaver
Welcome to the club Cole. I can't remember if that is the updraft carb or not,but the one on my 3012 has the same problem. Mine only leaks when the engine is not running. I'm not a carb tech so I installed an inline fuel shutoff untill I can get the carb off and to a shop. I have a feeling it's either something holding the needle open or a leaking float. Maybe another member has more knowledge than me. Larry

goatfarmer
The original carb on my 3410 continually dripped after shutdown.I rebuilt it once,and the dealer rebuilt it once.Still leaked.Dealer suggested a shut off in the line. Finally bought a new carb to solve the problem.

roma3112
one thing you can check and i know its a long streach and may very well not be your problem here is to check your gas tank to make sure its not throwing rust clots into your fuel system /carb. I rebuilt the carb on my 3112h for a similar problem only to have it reoccour almost immediately, i only found the rust problem by noticing it on a refuel.

Tom_Byrne
MY TWO CENTS WORTH: The link Dutch left is excellent if you have that carb, as I do. If you rebuild, just be careful removing the high speed needle valve- all brass workings. I was not sure I could do it right so I had a friend who had done it before help me out. I also had trouble with the tank. To clean it, I drained it, took it off, droppped a handful of pebbles in with with some Gumout and started shaking it real good. Drain and do it again. Rinse it out real well with more Gumout and drain thru the petcock and the top. It should shine like new inside.