Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kent, Dlc,Jeff or any of you A.C. Experts I need s

richp

I should have a 2110 Sim. wiring diagram which according to the X-tables is the same as the B-110.If I do I'll scan it to you.Magnetron ignition is electronic ignition,no points!HOWEVER Magnetron will NOT work with the older cast iron flywheels as the polarity is wrong on the flywheel for the Magnetron.Better stick to points or the only way to fix it is to send the flywheel to Briggs[cost to do that is on you!]in Milwaukee and I understand for free they will re-polarize it.Also I'm not sure the Magnetron coil will even bolt up to your coil bracket??.Good Luck! dlc

Let me know if Dave can't come up with the diagram (since he volunteered first). This request for wiring diagrams seems like a "frequently asked question" -- since you're definitely not the first -- and I'll just load them into the Service section... They're in my B-Series Service Manual. The "experts" will have to answer the Magnetron (or similar substitute) question for you though... As Sgt Schultz used to say "I know nothingggggg..."

John, There is a difference in the wiring on an AC and a Simplicity of that vintage. The AC B series tractors all had starter buttons and the Simplicity tractors started with the key switch. A Briggs service manual shows both diagrams. Tim

I need to rewire my B-110,I butchered (simplified) my wiring many eons ago when I was having problems burning out $60 coils. I would like to rewire it using a magnatron ignition this time. I don't remember how to wire up the starter generator circuit. I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to post a wiring diagram on Simple TrACtors in the Diagram area Any other help would be appreciated also. p.s. What is a Magnatron Ignition???

The best place to get a wiring diagrahm for the Briggs engine is from the Briggs service manual. Any Briggs dealer should have or can get the manual for you. The cost is $12.95 and this will give you all the info you will need not only on wiring but the whole engine. The part number on the manual is 270962. You will probally have to stay with the point system as the magnitron will not work with the style coil you have on your engine.